lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
donstephenson
Not Yet Wild

Default Which EZ GO Speed Sensor ?

Hello, I'm a new member to the forum and have what I hope is a couple of simple questions.

I have a 2006 EZ GO TXT - PDS Champ cart that has a "speed issue".
The PDS Diagnostics are reporting Speed Sensor Fault - which seems consistent with the symptoms based on what I've read on the forum in several threads.
The cart starts to go 'fast' and immediately slows down upon acceleration. Then when you run the PDS diagnostics - it reports that Speed Sensor fault.

Interestingly, when you reset the PDS Diagnostic mode (Tow/Run switch flip), it seems to 'reset' the fault. If you re-run the diagnostics without moving the cart - no errors are reported. However, upon acceleration - same thing always occurs.

My questions are:
1. Searching the internet I see two parts.
a. 73327G02 - Speed Sensor - PDS II. says for PDS equipped carts, 2001- current.
b. 73327G04 - Speed Sensor. says fits TXT, MPT, Shuttle and 875 with PDS controller, 2001-current.
Which part do I need? (they both look pretty similar in web pics).

2. how difficult is this Speed Sensor to replace?

Thanks for any assistance/advice.
donstephenson is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO