lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2019, 08:34 PM   #21
drift240se
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Underseat subwoofer????

Well I'm with ya there on the Bose!!!! Got an A4 and a TT with Bose. Decide where and what speakers you want and we'll get an amp to power them up. Hell I'll get mine fired up tomorrow and make a video. I think you will be happy with it. If not.... We'll keep going

Sent from my LG V35 using Tapatalk
drift240se is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2019, 03:29 PM   #22
drift240se
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Well i just cant get any good audio. Hard to do with a phone.lol. its also only 14 degrees out right now. I will try to get a clip up on YouTube before tonight. Working on new pedal assembly on g29 and fuel lines/ignition on g9. Any song requests? Lol

Old 01-21-2019, 03:35 PM   #23
drift240se
Gone Wild

Yamaha

There is always a certain song people wanna hear. To see what it sounds like on whatever setup

Old 01-21-2019, 03:47 PM   #24
drift240se
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Ok pulled the dash..... The little amp I have hooked up at the moment is a Kenwood KAC-M3004 with no adjustments out of box

Old 01-21-2019, 03:49 PM   #25
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

For $399 you can get a pair of JL Audio VeX PS650 pods that will rip anything Bazooka makes apart, and probably last longer than your cart.

They'll handle plenty of power, but are pretty efficient so don't need much to rock. Would probably be fine off the radio, and later down the line add in a small 50x2 amp to really wake them up

Nobody can touch JL Audio when it comes to Marine applications. And I wouldn't run anything non-marine grade in a golf cart unless you just want to replace it every year or so. Even if it doesn't get wet directly, the humidity will wear on it much faster than when it is inside a car. (I've got many, many years in the 12 volt audio and electronics industry under my belt...)
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 03:55 PM   #26
drift240se
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I with ya on JL. I have MB Quart speakers that I clean off every week with a water hose lol. They seem like new still. I'm more against "marine grade" head units than anything. If your head unit is gonna see water then get waterproof not marine grade

Old 01-21-2019, 04:02 PM   #27
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift240se View Post
I'm more against "marine grade" head units than anything. If your head unit is gonna see water then get waterproof not marine grade

I agree there. They make spray-on stuff that i've used for years, it's like a wax almost. Just use a regular Alpine or whatever radio... Take the CD loader out of the radio, take the board out of the chassis. spray both sides of the PCB and put it back together. Those radios have lasted my customers longer than any "marine" radio had in the past (Even the nice Clarion ones).

Spray it, and use a nice marine cover over it and they last just fine. Never had a problem with the marine amps though, but always used JL for those too. Occasionally a Bazooka here or there for the budget fishing boat system, but JL for anything over 25-30 ft no question.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:10 PM   #28
drift240se
Gone Wild

Yamaha

CP241. Agree there. No problem with amps. I gotta say though my head unit has been pressure washed multiple times and is awesome and simple. Good call spraying yourself to water proof . Marine grade is just usually a dipped circuit board and not even the whole length. Went through 3 or 4 before I found an actual waterproof unit

Old 01-21-2019, 04:20 PM   #29
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

There was some stuff I used to use, forget who made it (this was 20 years ago) that sprayed thick amber-colored stuff that was almost like a wax. STuff was amazing! Think they quit making it, or I just couldn't find it anymore. 3M makes one that's pretty good, but even if the radio was dunked underwater it wouldn't hurt it. The only thing that went bad was the CD player because you can't coat those, too many moving parts. Radio and everything else worked great. :)

And if whatever speakers you pick don't work as you had hoped, you can get a marine subwoofer from JL audio and just mount it either in the back, or blow a big hole under the seat and mount it there. If you have a back seat, you could even mount it to the body under the seat where you don't have to see it. Saves the bulky enclosure because they are designed to be mounted in an infinite-baffle installation, so it uses the body as the "Enclosure". I would put 2 or 3 of them in the anchor box in a boat, or anywhere really... My shop was one of the first ones to sell the JL marine stuff when they first started making it (guinnea pig, we were only a couple hours from Mirimar where JL is headquartered. Very nice facility they have...). It didn't even come in retail boxes then, was a speaker in a brown box filled with paper packing material and a bag of hardware thrown in somewhere. But man that stuff sounded amazing, and just keeps getting better over the years :)
Old 01-21-2019, 04:28 PM   #30
drift240se
Gone Wild

Yamaha

JL does continue to please. I did installs for Rockford back when..... I dont feel like they have kept up though lately. They do have one of the few actually waterproof head units but it doesnt fit anywhere as its huge. Fusion is about the end all in complete waterproof. Kinda pricey but cheaper than replacing every few months. Ask me how I know lol

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha