lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2020, 10:38 PM   #1
XLRICKLX
Not Yet Wild

Default heated engine doesn't start

Hey, guys started having issues last week, after driving around for a while the cart doesn't start once it cools down a bit then it will start again. I changed out the solenoid as I thought this was the problem, and it wasn't. Thoughts?

there is a loose yellow tube. there two pics one where its loose and the other where it comes from.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9137.jpg (163.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9136.jpg (221.9 KB, 0 views)
XLRICKLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2020, 08:12 PM   #2
XLRICKLX
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: heated engine doesn't start

Hey guys,

i found a video where this guy had the same problem and found it that it was over-revving so he brought down the governor. i did the same and still about 30 mins into my drive after I stopped it didn't want to go again. This time I had a meter and voltage wasn't going to the white wire on the solenoid and the fuel filter was empty.

After cooling down for about 10 mins it allowed me to drive back to the house but then again still didn't start.

I am stuck I don't have any idea what it could be, hopefully, one of you can help.
Old 06-24-2020, 09:07 AM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

That yellow tube that' loose at one end is the bowl vent for the carb and is how it should be.
Make sure the end that hangs down is clean and not clogged with dirt or bug nest, or some other gunk. If the bowl can't vent it will air lock and will not allow fuel to be pumped in.

Since you said the filter was empty, check the pulse line from the fuel pump that runs down to the crankcase below the oil fill pipe. That hose needs to slope upwards ll the way up to the pump. If it hangs down in the middle it can get full of oil from the engine and block the air pulse that makes the pump operate.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 09:11 AM   #4
XLRICKLX
Not Yet Wild

thank you I will check those items today and see if they fix the problem. I ordered a new fuel pump just in case.
Old 06-27-2020, 11:06 PM   #5
XLRICKLX
Not Yet Wild

So I tried everything you said and it’s all good. Once it heats up the car doesn’t crank or start. I have replaced the solenoid and the fuel pump, thinking of replacing the voltage reducer. Any other thoughts on what it can be? Only happens when the engine is hot. Cold it starts right away and once it cools down it starts right away.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:14 AM   #6
harriswallace
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

check the spark plug for cracks. I just had my Honda four wheeler do this run great for like 5 min then start to misfire turn it off and wouldn't start in till it cooled off. changed a bunch of parts then threw in the towel. I brought it to the dealer to find out it was the plug had a hairline crack
harriswallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 08:22 AM   #7
XLRICKLX
Not Yet Wild

i will check that out today. i am thinking the solenoid is the issue I was reading some reviews last night and it seems if you don't get OEM they tend to have issues. since I can't find an OEM one I am going to order the Madjacks replacement. Any of you guys have thoughts on this?
Old 06-28-2020, 09:57 AM   #8
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

When you say it doesn’t crank, you mean it doesn’t even try to spin the motor?
You should be able to hear the solenoid clunk and feel it clunk if you put a finger on it.

If the solenoid is clunking when it won’t start then you need to check for battery voltage reaching the starter generator on the White cable at the post on the S/G when you press he pedal. If it clunks but you get no voltage on the White cable the solenoid is bad or you have a bad connection between the solenoid and battery. Make sure you have the same as battery voltage present at the solenoid red cable. An OEM original solenoid can be bought from Revolution Golf Cars.

If the solenoid does Not clunk. Check for 12v reading the small posts with key On. Should have 12v on both posts. Blue wire is voltage In from the key switch, Orange is ground out to the throttle switch and the limit switch on the back of the shifter. With the shifter in gear or in Maintenance mode in neutral, press the pedal and check voltage on the Orange wire at the solenoid, it should drop to 0v. If so the solenoid is bad.
If voltage stays at 12v or does not drop all the way to 0v then the issue is with the throttle switch or limit switch. Or it could be a bad ground connection for the shifter limit switch Black wire.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:10 AM   #9
XLRICKLX
Not Yet Wild

@fairtax4me thank you I went ahead and ordered from Revolution golf. I believe you are correct and it's the aftermarket solenoid.
Old 07-09-2020, 09:54 PM   #10
XLRICKLX
Not Yet Wild

@Fairtax4me thanks again for your help. I did replace the Solenoid with an OEM one and that was it.

If there is anything I can do for you, let me know.

Tags
starting issues
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car