lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2021, 10:00 PM   #1
Nothingworksright
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 82 ez go Duromax 18hp swap/rearend shutter and shake

82. Lifted cart on air bags.
I recently had a new engine and clutch installed by an atv mechanic in his garage. When I got it back there were no issues. But, over the past month It has gotten worse. when I step on the gas the rearend has a really bad shake or chatter. My thought is maybe the clutch is in need of adjustment. I’m not sure how or what to adjust with this being my first cart. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’d take it back to the mechanic if he would answer my call or text.
Nothingworksright is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2021, 07:07 AM   #2
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Default Re: 82 ez go Duromax 18hp swap/rearend shutter and shake

take a look at the clutch, that is connected to the axle, a couple of things could cause that shutter, if the clutch is not opening and closing properly, you can definitely get shutter from that way. you could also be, that your clutch belt is too tight, while the engine is not running, lift the seat and take a look at your clutch belt, if there is no play in the belt, it could be that your clutch is not opening correctly.
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 09:00 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 82 ez go Duromax 18hp swap/rearend shutter and shake

Did you replace both clutches? New belt? What clutches are you using? Is the engine hard mounted or are there rubber mounts?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!