lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2009, 10:14 AM   #1
northwoodsrick
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 99 club car front tire rubbing

Morning everyone. I have a 99 club car non -lifted I just put some 12" rims with lo pro 225-30-12 tires. the drivers side tire is rubbing on a square shaped plastic piece on the inner fender area when the wheel is turned to the left. any suggestions would be great thanks..

Last edited by northwoodsrick; 08-19-2009 at 10:23 AM.. Reason: This should have been on the Club Car gas instead of on road carts site --sorry
northwoodsrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #2
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 99 club car front tire rubbing

I don't know much about carts "yet", but there are turn stops on Jeeps that keep you from turning to sharp that keep your larger tires from rubbing. Does your cart have those?

Since no one had responded yet, I thought I would throw that out to you.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

there are some spacers available from allsports( you can find them on everything carts site under wheel accessories i think) that raise the front up a bit. this will cure the rubbing issue

-Aaron
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #4
gsxrfan
Gone Wild

Heck, I wish I could find me some used 12" tires. I cant afford new, and nobody seems to have any used ones for sale. I figured with all of the projects going on someone would surely have an extra set.
gsxrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:47 PM   #5
Mark@Spin
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Sounds like the tyre is rubbing on the air intake snorkel. Not much you can do about it other that than remove it. However if you remove you floor mat, you will notice that the snorkel also act as part of the floor, so you will need to tack in some alloy plate or cover the hole with some thin material after it is gone.
Mark@Spin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:25 PM   #6
twistedup
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

allsport maes a 1'' wheel spacer to move the tires out.it will set them even with the back and help out your turning problem.they only run about 30$ a set.
twistedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!