lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
n2gooddeals2
Not Yet Wild

Default 1990 CC Carryall 1

Hey Guys...great forum, been watching,reading,learning for a couple a weeks. First Post

Dad traded a slot machine for a 1990 CC. Him in AZ...Me in So Cal. tried to help get thing cleaned up and running...see pics. Local Club Car dealer says kf82 motor ran with no oil...connecting rod almost welded to crank. Parts mostly not available...use as a flower pot in front yard!

Is there a source for crank, connecting rods, bearings, Etc? Is there another motor that swaps easily, or a used one available? Any help will be much appreciated!

Lesson for me: Fix mechanical first, paint, customize second

DSCF6528.jpg

DSCF6529.jpg

DSCF6531.jpg

DSCF6532.jpg
n2gooddeals2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2009, 05:52 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: 1990 CC Carryall 1

Welcome to BGW n2!

J&M Golf Cars (a BGW site sponsor) have replacements engines, and parts for the KF82!

http://www.jandmgolfcarts.com/

Give them a call and see what they can do for you!

And I am personally DISGUSTED with your CC dealer! NO cart should be used as a "flower bed"!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:06 AM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Welcome to BGW

J&M is great to deal with. First rate engine builder.

You MIGHT not need a crank but you will likely need those other parts. You may be able to have the crank machined or maybe even use emory cloth to clean the crank up. It could get to a point though where the cost to rebuild the engine may be more than replacing the engine with a newer one. People upgrade to V-twins all the time and sell of their stockers in the for sale section.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:22 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

So there is hope for the FedEx Carryall

If you do rebuild it... we milled .050 off of the head and bored it .050 over.... It had some pretty good getup&go after that
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:14 AM   #5
n2gooddeals2
Not Yet Wild

Hey guys thanks for all the help. Contacted J & M...very nice and very helpfull. Motor out of the Fed Ex #11 needs crank , rod, Etc. J & M wants me to UPS from So Cal...they check it out, charge for the parts needed + $550 + tax + shipping for rebuilt. Local CC dealer found parts...wants $1080. Might do it myself to save $$. Pretty mechanical...familiar with motors. Dealer says heat bearings to remove...are they easy enough to get out? Simple rebuild?

Thanks Again, Dave T
n2gooddeals2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:09 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

yes, it is a very basic engine
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car