lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2014, 10:43 PM   #1
Club car VT
Not Yet Wild

Default Torque kit install problems

Hu,

I need help. Trying to head to deer camp next week with my buggy and I have problems...

I bought a torque kit from Buggies Unlimited and I have it installed but I'm having problems. I have called and spoke with a tech and he help me getting it running but now I have a charging issues. I was not satisfied with his response when I pointed out that the written instructions did not match the schematic they set and neither of them match the original wiring diagram. When the tech told me how to get it running it was different from all the wiring diagrams???

So now it runs but I can't get it to charge. So I got to looking it over again and I have found that the solenoid is wired backwards from the original?? I have lost faith in the updated diagram but I'm stump as to which ay to ove forward and not burn up to much.

Any help would be awesome.
Club car VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2014, 11:04 PM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Torque kit install problems

The solenoid itself is not polarity sensative.... The diode (if used) installed between the two small terminals is though; the end with the band around it goes to positive....

Your going to need to give up more details for these guys to help you with your issue. What year is the cart? Does it have an OBC? Have you tried another charger on your cart or tried your charger on another cart?
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #3
Club car VT
Not Yet Wild

It is a 2001 Transporter 6 and it has a MCOR. I bought a series lifted torque kit from Buggies Unlimited. So I changed all the wires to 4 ga., new 200 amp solenoid, switch, Curtis 500 amp controller, AMD series 11 hp motor, diode and resister.

I just took it out to test it and goes ok on flat ground but when I tried a hill I found that I couldn't goes past 1/2 throttle so it just stops and shudders. I back around and tried it on flat ground and it did the same thing. When you step right on it the cart just sits there and shudders.

I'm trying to finish so I can take it to hunting this week so any help would be great.
Club car VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:52 PM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Batteries, batteries, batteries

How old are they? Do a load test on them. See what the voltage drops to while driving. Also what is the reading not under load?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 09:58 AM   #5
NASTYNOTCHBACK1
Getting Wild
Club Car

I had a 95 CC and did the same change over you did.Had the same problem you are. My CC had the big resistor under the bottom side of the cart and when you hit a hill or a small incline it would start to glow and get hot. Also the cart would just stop and shutter. I figured what the heck I will just bypass it so it does not catch my cart on fire(the resistor). What do you know that fixed it. If yours has one you may try that.
NASTYNOTCHBACK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car