lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2015, 10:47 PM   #1
saltbranch
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Project Wife Club Car

I am still new to carts. I got 2012 Yamaha G-29 I put a lift and tires on. We have a few acres in the country to use on . Just amazing at you see on a E cart vs a gas burner or ATV. Then my wife decides she wants one...so I found my next project. She is not real impressed yet...LOL
I am pickup this weekend, owner says the previous owner pulled rear to fix due to noise? He got it and never fixed. Supposed to be a 84 Club Car. What rears will fit if I need to find used?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG95603 CC3.jpg (131.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG959321.jpg (72.9 KB, 0 views)
saltbranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2015, 08:26 AM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Project Wife Club Car

That totally depends on what you want to do.... The modern 10 spline motors wont fit on the rear from that cart. The 80s saw the use of a Fuji and a Terrell differential and they both used totally different spline/coupler setups than the modern vehicles. Anything with a Kawasaki or a Graziano differential will be able to use the newer style motors. I highly recommend using one of those for the fact that you just can't find those old motors anymore. Not only that, but service parts aren't available for that rear differential anymore either. It's a direct fit. The leaf spring spacing is the same on the old car vs new car. Just mount it up and tighten up the Ubolts and you're done.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:56 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Project Wife Club Car

The next challenge you face is this is a resistor coil cart. Resistor coil carts are engineered for the game of golf and not much more than that. If she drives it off road, in hilly terrain, or slowly for extended periods of time you will have problems with it.
Before you start 'fixing it up' look into converting it to a solid state drive system with a later differential (saw some here for around $100?) and use 48v drive.
Good luck with the project
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car