lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2015, 10:24 AM   #1
Kerrville78028
Gone Wild

Default Blinkers and Brake light kit?

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right topic area...
I just bought a 2015 gas powered EZ-GO S4 and I am wanting to ad blinkers and brake lights. Is there a "kit" that I can purchase to make this a plug and play job?
Kerrville78028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2015, 10:49 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Blinkers and Brake light kit?

moved to Gas Ezgo
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:03 AM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I'd check with a few of the site sponsors first, but You're likely going to have to go through the Dealer (and pay accordingly) - there are very, very few upgrades and/or accessories for the Kawasaki Drivetrains or the new-style carts available on the aftermarket yet.

The other option (of course, not really "plug and play" but shouldn't be too hard) would be to splice into the existing wiring, add an ATV-style brake light switch and make up a mount for it, a cheap relay and flasher block, and some sort of switching (best bet would be a stem-mount from the "Hot Rod" aftermarket) for the signals ... Prob could be done the "right" way front to back for under $75-100 and an afternoon or two of tinkering - although check with the dealer first, generally adding aftermarket anything voids your warranty, and with that Kawasaki drivetrain that's probably not a good idea.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:01 AM   #4
Kerrville78028
Gone Wild

Follow up:

It turned out to be EZ-GO part# 622712. (gas or electric)
I installed and hooked it up in about 15 minutes. The hardest part was removing the drink holder so that I could access the factory harness and plug it all together. Now my cart has blinkers!
Old 02-25-2015, 01:37 PM   #5
Kerrville78028
Gone Wild

Another follow up:

Last weekend I drilled a hole in my brake pedal and installed a weather resistant push button starter switch. (local auto parts store)
I wired a hot wire through it and tied it into the brown wire from the blinkers controller. Now I have brake lights as well.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO