lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2015, 07:23 PM   #11
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Default Re: Need a new Controller, Upgrade or Stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yannicksjh View Post
Thanks, I was a little confused on that since there is just little thin wires going to the toggle F & R.

Oh, should probably double check what upgrade controller to get to make sure then. Looks like the Pkg #484 is for series carts. Would I then need the Pkg #808IQ then or ????

Just a little confused now. I have a CC AQ0236

thanks

Yes, you need an IQ controller, upgraded solenoid (any kind), and an IQ cable set

---------------

Get with Scotty and explain the situation and he will probably still give you a sale price
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2015, 07:33 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Oh I see, said the blind man. Sepex drive indeed. That will save you some dough. The sepex carts don't run high amperage through the F&R switch so they don't need HD F&R and they have few cables so the cable set costs less.
I'll update our email conversation with pricing
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:04 PM   #13
yannicksjh
Getting Wild

Club Car

I understand the stock controller was underpowered with the added weight of rear seat, passengers and bigger tires (and probably the cause of its failure) but do you guys think I will see a noticeable difference in speed and/or torque with that upgrade. Like mentioned i'm not looking for anything crazy just reliable and affordable with out having to also replace the motor and hubs at this time.

Thanks for help and advise guys
yannicksjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:08 PM   #14
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
I understand the stock controller was underpowered with the added weight of rear seat, passengers and bigger tires (and probably the cause of its failure) but do you guys think I will see a noticeable difference in speed and/or torque with that upgrade. Like mentioned i'm not looking for anything crazy just reliable and affordable with out having to also replace the motor and hubs at this time.

Thanks for help and advise guys
You won't have to mess around with the hubs. Hubs only "go bad" on EZGOs because they have splines on them and will strip out over time. As for the main question, with the cable, solenoid, and controller upgrade, you will experience an upgrade in speed and torque. Don't worry, you can program the Alltrax to how fast you would like the cart to go

Did Scotty take care of you with the confusion?
Old 02-07-2015, 08:11 PM   #15
yannicksjh
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
You won't have to mess around with the hubs. Hubs only "go bad" on EZGOs because they have splines on them and will strip out over time. As for the main question, with the cable, solenoid, and controller upgrade, you will experience an upgrade in speed and torque. Don't worry, you can program the Alltrax to how fast you would like the cart to go

Did Scotty take care of you with the confusion?

Sure did, very quick with responses!

Thanks guys, now its decision time. Just hope its the controller 100%. Would hate to spend all that money just to find out its something else
Old 02-07-2015, 08:14 PM   #16
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

If David thinks it's the controller, he is correct. He has been the Service Manager at a Club Car dealer for 14(?) years. He knows what he is talking about. Besides, only one direction operation is a classic sign of Sepex controller failure
Old 02-07-2015, 08:20 PM   #17
yannicksjh
Getting Wild

Club Car

Plus, since we narrowed it down to the controller I figured why not take it apart to look for any obvious signs of failure, chances are it was fried anyway so nothing to loose. I'm a HVAC tech so like to know how/why/where the problem may be and quickly saw this.

Can you see what I see, i'm assuming........

Old 02-07-2015, 08:24 PM   #18
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Plus, since we narrowed it down to the controller I figured why not take it apart to look for any obvious signs of failure, chances are it was fried anyway so nothing to loose. I'm a HVAC tech so like to know how/why/where the problem may be and quickly saw this.

Can you see what I see, i'm assuming........

I'd say that's your problem. If you want, you can repair it and try it in the cart and see if it works. By the way, how did you get the controller apart? I have a bad one I'd like to open up and see what the problem is also. Pics would be great of what the whole controller looks like
Old 02-07-2015, 08:31 PM   #19
yannicksjh
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
I'd say that's your problem. If you want, you can repair it and try it in the cart and see if it works. By the way, how did you get the controller apart? I have a bad one I'd like to open up and see what the problem is also. Pics would be great of what the whole controller looks like
Took all about 1min to take apart (for this model anyway, Curtis 1510-5210)
.Take the controller and push down on top of it it flexes enough to squeeze a small flat head underneath the bottom edge and slowly pry the one side open and then up. It then just pops off. Was worried it might have been sealed with some sort of silicone or glue but came off easy, no signs of me ever even opening it.
I'll post some pics shortly (should I maybe start a small thread to not get too off topic on this?)
Old 02-07-2015, 08:33 PM   #20
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Took all about 1min to take apart (for this model anyway, Curtis 1510-5210)
.Take the controller and push down on top of it it flexes enough to squeeze a small flat head underneath the bottom edge and slowly pry the one side open and then up. It then just pops off. Was worried it might have been sealed with some sort of silicone or glue but came off easy, no signs of me ever even opening it.
I'll post some pics shortly (should I maybe start a small thread to not get too off topic on this?)
Can the cover be replaced just as easily?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car