lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2015, 03:42 PM   #1
sozo13
Not Yet Wild

Default anyone able to give me length and diameter of a drive clutch spring

I need the length and diameter of a stock ez go primary spring ..could actually use a few sizes from different years if anyone has that sort of info available

thanks a ton
sozo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2015, 08:20 AM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: anyone able to give me length and diameter of a drive clutch spring

Welcome SOZO !!!! To receive answers to your question the year of the cart is needed and what style clutch ???? Maybe post a photo. Have a great day

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:58 AM   #3
sozo13
Not Yet Wild

That really wouldn't help I'm afraid ,the cart in question has Polaris clutch installed.
I'm looking for a spring that would be able to replace it even if a bit of moding was required ..so it's gonna need to be close to what I have ..unfortunately that one far too stiff.
It's why I hoped there was someone out there with a few old ones laying around that could give me the deminsions,I've seen many replacements for sale but never deminsions on them just year model of cart.

Regardless since no one seem to have any info on them I've ordered some custom springs by size so I'll see how that goes . But thanks for checking in.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:52 AM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

this may help?
http://www.wahlracing.com/Polaris-Drive-Springs.html

You can test them using a bath scale and a drill press,
just put a board on the scale to prevent bending it.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:14 PM   #5
sozo13
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the list it's got some good info unfortunately I have a local Polaris dealer that loaned me a couple springs to try ..there weakest ..while it "works" to disengage the clutch at idle ..just requires to many rpms out of the Koehler to really let it work for acceleration.
After seeing how similar some of the stock Ezgo springs looked ...I thought maybe I could find a compatible spring.
I mainly need the tension for idle ..so it will desingage ..beyond that no spring at all is better than to much
Old 02-13-2015, 02:35 PM   #6
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Can you get some heaver flyweights?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:41 PM   #7
racin161
Gone Wild

That's what I was asking !!! If it's a comet 94C type clutch I have one of them apart at the moment and could get the measurements for you. I would expect if it would be to soft it could be shimmed. Let me know !!! Good luck

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:07 PM   #8
sozo13
Not Yet Wild

weights are an tuneing option but my big problem is I have picked up an unfinished project.
This beast had NO spring in it ..the guy just shut it off to change forward or reverse then restarted it so before I tinker with weights im gonna have to find a spring with light pressure just to keep the belt disengaged shockingly it runs out great with no spring ..just will not change from forward to rev at idle because belt is engaged

mine is a Polaris clutch that I know for sure ..but have had no luck tracking down specifics anywhere ..the date code on the outer cover says 11/04/99 under that a 677 and under that a 1
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO