lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2015, 06:59 PM   #21
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1982 ezgo lack of power

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemijon View Post
the keyway is good i am at a loss righ now i dont make any sence. i think the crankshaft is indexed wrong. i dont even see how i can adjust it to get it right
When you say "the keyway is good", do you mean the key is good? Did you remove the flywheel to check it, or just look to see if it was in the flywheel keyway.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2015, 07:42 PM   #22
hemijon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989Marathon View Post
When you say "the keyway is good", do you mean the key is good? Did you remove the flywheel to check it, or just look to see if it was in the flywheel keyway.
yes and i just rechecked TDC and at tdc my keyway is at 3 o clock
hemijon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 07:50 PM   #23
hemijon
Not Yet Wild

so that has to be the problem the crank is indexed wrong at TDC the keyway is at 3 oclock. i wish i still had to old crank i took out to compair. there is a guy that has a used short block on ebay he want $275 + shipping i offred him $200 shipped. i wanted the block because where my starter mounts is broken i made a bracket and it works fine.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:53 PM   #24
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Quote:
yes and i just rechecked TDC and at tdc my keyway is at 3 o clock
If you look at pics of the crank on the internet, it looks like the keyway is at 12 o'clock when the piston/rod is straight up. Something isn't adding up here. If your keyway was at 3 o'clock, your timing wouldn't be around 40° as you stated.

I can't tell from you last response, but did you actually remove the flywheel and check the key? Just looking at the flywheel keyway won't tell you if the key is sheared or not.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:02 PM   #25
hemijon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
If you look at pics of the crank on the internet, it looks like the keyway is at 12 o'clock when the piston/rod is straight up. Something isn't adding up here. If your keyway was at 3 o'clock, your timing wouldn't be around 40° as you stated.
when you say 12 o clock are you talking about the motor in the cart and the key pointing up at the starter?
Old 02-15-2015, 08:05 PM   #26
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

I'm talking about the direction of the head as being 12 o'clock.
At TDC, the key should be pointing directly at the cylinder head.
Again, I can't tell from you last response, but did you actually remove the flywheel and check the key? Just looking at the flywheel keyway won't tell you if the key is sheared or not.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:10 PM   #27
hemijon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I'm talking about the direction of the head as being 12 o'clock.
At TDC, the key should be pointing directly at the cylinder head.
Again, I can't tell from you last response, but did you actually remove the flywheel and check the key? Just looking at the flywheel keyway won't tell you if the key is sheared or not.
yes i did remove it ok sorry i was thinking 12 with the motor in the cart. mine is facing the head
Old 02-15-2015, 08:12 PM   #28
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

OK, that sounds right. How did you check the timing. Be specific. The more info you give, the better we can help you.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:17 PM   #29
hemijon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
OK, that sounds right. How did you check the timing. Be specific. The more info you give, the better we can help you.
with my snap on timing light. last night i did it with it running and to night i did it cranking (no plug in motor) i marked TDC and adjusted the advance on the light till the marks lined up
Old 02-15-2015, 08:24 PM   #30
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Quote:
with my snap on timing light. last night i did it with it running and to night i did it cranking (no plug in motor) i marked TDC and adjusted the advance on the light till the marks lined up
Does the timing light have a 2-stroke setting?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO