lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2015, 06:40 PM   #1
97_Yammy
Getting Wild

Default Yamaha G16, gas in oil

OK, I thought I had this problem licked, but I think its still here. I changed the oil, added exactly one quart. Added an inline fuel shut off switch and have been turning off the switch every time I stop. Dropped the float bowl, cleaned the needle and seat, float bowl and jets. I'm getting a little bit of smoke and oil spraying out of my exhaust, only at start up. Once warm. No issue. Keep in mind I haven't ran it for more than 5 minutes since all of this as trailer season is still a month away, and I can't very well drive it around my neighbourhood. Checked oil tonight and level is exactly where it should be, hasn't moved, but smells of gas again. Doesn't seem any thinner than it should be. Was thin, but I had just ran it for a short period. Could it be the fuel pump?? I'm stumped.
97_Yammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2015, 05:31 AM   #2
97_Yammy
Getting Wild

This site is seriously slow at times. Nobody has any ideas for me??
Old 04-06-2015, 06:25 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G16, gas in oil

Gas in the oil will make it real thin. Sounds like it's leaking down past the valve guide seals, and possibly past the rings. You have oil sitting in the cylinder.

How does fuel get in oil? Carb problem. Too much fuel in the cylinder when sitting. This can also cause hydrolock. If fuel is dripping down into the cylinder when it's off, the fuel will leak down past the rings and mix with the oil. That's the only way.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:00 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Yammy View Post
This site is seriously slow at times. Nobody has any ideas for me??
Know whos faster, the dealer @ $70/hr, oh wait, theyre not open sunday. Replace the needle valve, not clean the needle valve, replace the needle valve. Rubber tip on needle gets a ring worn into it, prevents proper sealing.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:25 AM   #5
97_Yammy
Getting Wild

Sorry if I offended you cgtech, but there is no "dealer" near me. I'm not mad, are you?? Seems like it, I was just starting the obvious. Its typical in every forum, if you're not part of the "old boys club" you tend to get overlooked. I'll check the needle valve again, but it did not appear to have a "ridge" when I had it out.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:38 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Nope, not mad at all. Just please dont complain about the speed of free help.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:08 PM   #7
panteramatt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Even if your carb is leaking it shouldnt get past the head if its at tdc of course. Wonder if your valve seats need to be ground again.
panteramatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:14 PM   #8
wicked872
Getting Wild
Yamaha

check the fuel pump, I had one that continued to do that until I was pulling my hair out, took the screws out of the pump and it was full of white crap and the diaphragm was partially damaged, I was told it was due to the oxygenated fuel so now all I use is premium off road, the older fuel systems were not made for alcohol.
wicked872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:41 PM   #9
97_Yammy
Getting Wild

Thanks guys. I ordered a new needle valve and it arrived Wednesday. Haven't had a chance to get out to the garage, but hopefully tomorrow I will. Also ordered a new fuel pump off eBay earlier in the week, it shipped from the land of cheap sh!t yesterday, so should be here in a couple weeks. Hopefully I can get this sorted out
Old 04-11-2015, 05:56 PM   #10
97_Yammy
Getting Wild

I replaced the needle valve so we'll see if it fixes the issue. If not, fuel pump is next. I took off the pulsar tube and it doesnt even slightly smell like fuel so I dont think its that. Took the cart for a rip, and the throttle response is definitely better. It rips
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha