lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2015, 11:55 AM   #21
TheGDFP
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1983 Gas EzGo Marathon newbie

Yep, removing the filter, along with potentially varnished jets and "modern" junk fuel, you're lean, thus it running better with a restriction/choke. Be sure to run a fine wire through the main jet. A bigger one would likely improve things a lot.
TheGDFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2015, 07:21 PM   #22
NewHillBilly
Not Yet Wild

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NewHillBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 07:28 PM   #23
NewHillBilly
Not Yet Wild

So my wife took it out this morning and it just stopped. Solenoid is barely clicking/buzzing. I jumped the big terminals on the solenoid and nothing. I'm only getting 6 volts at the little solenoid terminal. The wire on the microswitch was about rotted off, so I bypassed it and still nothing. I'm going the replace microswitch and ignition switch because they are shot. The cables on this thing are severely corroded, so I'll replace those. How do I jump and test the starter/generator? The voltage regulator and igniter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2015, 10:08 AM   #24
NewHillBilly
Not Yet Wild

Update...the solenoid was bad. I tried a spare I had for my boat and it started right up. The microswitch was grounding out and corroded on the bottom terminal from dirt lodged up around the bottom. I had to rig it to get it to work while I wait for my new one. There were also a few cables that are suspect, so I will be replacing them. I also put the air filter back in and it runs like a champ with the choke off! Oh, and one of the terminals broke off the ignition switch. I am about to try and solder it...if it doesn't work, I'll order a new one.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:14 AM   #25
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

That's great to hear! Never seen an 83 setup before, that muffler behind the engine sure is different looking.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:20 AM   #26
NewHillBilly
Not Yet Wild

I soldered the ignition switch, replaced the solenoid, replaced the microswitch, installed new air filter, installed new fuel filter. She is running great, but you have to find the sweet spot on the choke. I am going to pull the carb to clean it more thoroughly as GDFP suggested. The first time I soaked everything in carb cleaner, but didn't have my carb cleaning tool yet so I didn't push anything through any of the jets.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:25 AM   #27
MoBell412
Not Yet Wild

Weird... I also have an 83, however my muffler is vertical next to the motor.
MoBell412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO