lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2015, 06:56 AM   #1
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile 02 CC runs great.....now???

I have these 2 culprits left of the ill functioning CC i had last week. Do i throw out the Mcor ..........rebuild it ?..........(maybe less expensive then buy the conversion replacement) The old controller will stay,in case i have to have it rebuilt someday.This kart run flaw lessly at our Kar show we had last sunday. Great weather ..........310 entries.Happy was me that Jakesnake and the guys. helped me out , Again thank you. raining today (tues). Sunday was 72 degrees no wind- no clouds . And this kart taking me one mile around the park. At my command. Rattling on again!!! see ya bob s
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2015, 02:08 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: 02 CC runs great.....now???

Is your buddy letting you keep the one he gave you? You can attempt to open up the old MCOR and repair it, it may work again.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 02:21 PM   #3
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Is your buddy letting you keep the one he gave you? You can attempt to open up the old MCOR and repair it, it may work again.
I was thinking along those lines (taking it apart. I can't reach him now...He will get back to me eventually.I think he will sell it to me. .Whats a fair price to offer for this Mcor Jake should he ask.? I think can split the old one carefully.with a thin cuttoff wheel. What is replaceable .. that can still be purchased for it Anything available.?

These Mcors.. don't go bad very often, i a guessing
Old 05-05-2015, 02:24 PM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa_bob View Post
I was thinking along those lines (taking it apart. I can't reach him now...He will get back to me eventually.I think he will sell it to me. .Whats a fair price to offer for this Mcor Jake should he ask.? I think can split the old one carefully.with a thin cuttoff wheel. What is replaceable .. that can still be purchased for it Anything available.?

These Mcors.. don't go bad very often, i a guessing
I would say $50 for a working used MCOR would be about right. Here is some good reading on someone who took one apart. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-01-04-ds.html
Basically you can replace the microswitch inside and clean the potentiometer. MCOR issues are fairly common.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:32 AM   #5
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
I would say $50 for a working used MCOR would be about right. Here is some good reading on someone who took one apart. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-01-04-ds.html
Basically you can replace the microswitch inside and clean the potentiometer. MCOR issues are fairly common.
He called me and said he had bought 2 NEW mcors off -of ebay? for $84.00 each. Kind of wanted me to return the old one. and take a new one from him. Nobody is selling "new mcors" i thought.? but yes!! i am going to work with this old one, Jake after i think of a way to , "SEW HER" back together-and water proofing it. bob s another warm day ahead in Mich .....hooooray!
Old 05-06-2015, 08:34 AM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Weird, they may be remanufactured ones. If your cart is running perfect, I would try to talk him into letting you buy his off of him.
As for taking apart the old one, let us know how it goes.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:19 AM   #7
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Will do Jake! bob
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car