lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2015, 02:32 PM   #1
jesse_metal
Not Yet Wild

Default 2006 ezgo txt gas fleet car wont run

i have a 06 ezgo txt base model with the 295 in it . recently the cart stopped running and wouldnt pump any fuel through to the engine well the motor had alot of hours on it and was smoking so i pulled the motor out to go through it and put in a new rebuilt 295 with all new parts . tried to fire it up and it wouldnt run ???? same thing acted like it wasnt getting fuel well i sprayed a little starter fluid and it would run until the vapor was gone but i found if i put my hand over the intake it would start and would run until released ... i checked vacume to the fuel pump and it was good / i checked valve clearence and it was good / i changed fuel pump / put a new carb on / checked electrical / replaced all rubber fuel lines and vacume line / new plugs / checked timing / checked compression / checked exhaust for blockage / confirmed it was pumping oil / made sure head and valve cover bolts and crank case were torqued to specs . / checked fuel tank and pickup line and rubber gromet / also i check to see if i was getting fuel to the carb bowl and i was . the fuel filter also has fuel . i cannot get this thing going any help on this issue would be really helpful
jesse_metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2015, 02:48 PM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2006 ezgo txt gas fleet car wont run

have you cleaned the carb thoroughly?
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 03:54 PM   #3
jesse_metal
Not Yet Wild

I did clean the carb . Also I tried a new one straight from the box with no luck
Old 05-25-2015, 04:03 PM   #4
jesse_metal
Not Yet Wild

I have even had the ezgo service tech look at it and he could not figure it out .I'm really stumped
Old 05-25-2015, 04:34 PM   #5
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

hmmmmm........ was the engine a crate motor or did you assemble it?
Old 05-25-2015, 04:39 PM   #6
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

How about checking the float level of the carb to verify it is correct. Clearly there is a fuel flow issue. If the fuel line is disconnected from the carb and the pedal pressed, you should see a good spurt of fuel coming from the line. If so then check that float and for blockage of the main jet. Take a small drill bit or piece of wire and run through the main jet. Seems odd for a new carb to do that.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO