lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2015, 11:27 AM   #1
teleman37
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G16 Noise

Hi,

I have a 2000 G16 that I have owned for the last 3 years. Recently it started to make a rattling noise when driving. I am at wits end trying to figure out where the noise is coming from. I just installed a new clutch from cartparts...installed the new primary clutch, put belt back on, still the same "rattling" noise!

I have searched the forums to try to find and answer but can't find anything! I have checked the fluid in the rearend....looks brand new. I have wiggled the driven clutch from side to side...no play. I have checked the shift cables, they move freely with no binding. The spring seat is not rubbing against the axle assembly.

I will attach a pic of the driven clutch and see if anything jumps out at anyone. If need be I will take a video of the cart running and see if anyone can give me some pointers off what they hear lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150907_101134.jpg (192.8 KB, 0 views)
teleman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2015, 11:31 AM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 Noise

Your secondary is in perfect preload. Check the starter/generator mount to see if one of the welds has broken.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 11:51 AM   #3
teleman37
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I will go out to the shop and check that out. Before I took the old clutch off I wiggled the hell out of the starter/gen to see if it was loose but it didn't move a lick!
Old 09-07-2015, 11:59 AM   #4
teleman37
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I checked the mounts to the starter/gen and everything is tight. When I am driving the cart I don't have any loss of power or slippage....it just makes a horrific rattling noise. I have just purchased a new Club Car and have this Yamaha cart sold to a guy from work. I WILL not sale this cart to him or anyone if they are going to have issues. I need to figure this out.
Old 09-07-2015, 03:45 PM   #5
teleman37
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I'm 99% certain the noise is coming from the secondary clutch. What could be causing noise from this clutch??
Old 09-07-2015, 10:14 PM   #6
teleman37
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

The sliding sheave on the secondary clutch is bent. I have no idea how that could have happened. I'm pretty sure that's what is causing the noise.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:40 PM   #7
Mr. Mike
It's Beer Time!

Yamaha

Are you sure the rattle is not in the muffler? Apparently there is a tube/pipe inside the muffler that breaks free and rattles pretty good.
Mr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha