lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2015, 08:11 PM   #11
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: How to remove G1 secondary clutch

Clean any moving or contacting parts, lube mostly the center shaft (grease) where the sheave moves. On a clutch with weights you can lube the links/pins that move a little with oil, but just a drop, you can't have any grease or oil on a clutch that can fly off or get on the belt.

The secret is to get the woman to drive the cart for some reason, most of them get to like it really fast, especially if it is lifted and looks cool. Or they can garden with it, etc.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2015, 04:29 PM   #12
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Got it off. The puller was worth every penny as I have no idea how this would have come off without it and the impact. There was a definite POP! when it broke loose. Then it was up to the moveable sheave. It was frozen on it good. I sprayed the crap out of it and then used a big hammer and 2x4 to push it all the way in. Spring compressed all the way but it would not budge. More spray and someone turning the wheel while I tapped it with the hammer from the other side finally freed it up. It was rusted to all hell. Now I just have to get some Emory cloth and clean the rust off from the shaft and from inside of the sheaves and it'll all go back together. The spring looks good and feels like it has plenty spring left. So farthings been really fun and educational. I'm excited about getting this thing running the way it should.
blizzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:09 PM   #13
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Wow that is a mess, they should move easily, it wont shift locked up like that. Carts that don't shift right dont run well at all. Glad you got it off.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:45 AM   #14
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Finally got it all back together. I had to wait on a new ramp shoe to come in as one of them was broken. I cleaned up the inside of the sheave and the shaft with a dremel and greased them up. It was a pain in the butt but I was able to get the spring compressed and held in place just enough to get the nut started. It was all cake after that. It runs great now. So much more torque and a little more high end. I can now go up hill and up and over curbs from a stand still. It's amazing. Thanks for all the help guys. I've got the fever now.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:10 AM   #15
Field6565
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzrd View Post
Finally got it all back together. I had to wait on a new ramp shoe to come in as one of them was broken. I cleaned up the inside of the sheave and the shaft with a dremel and greased them up. It was a pain in the butt but I was able to get the spring compressed and held in place just enough to get the nut started. It was all cake after that. It runs great now. So much more torque and a little more high end. I can now go up hill and up and over curbs from a stand still. It's amazing. Thanks for all the help guys. I've got the fever now.
Now it's time for a lift kit and bigger tires!
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:21 AM   #16
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have a 4" lift on it now and 20" tires. Nothing spectacular but not stock either. Tunes are next.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:26 AM   #17
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

And maybe some brake lights and signals and I wanna take the wood off, sand and refinish it.

Tags
clutch, removal, secondary
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha