lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2015, 12:06 PM   #1
Leplover69
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G1 Lift Kit

Well hello all! First of all, let me say that this board is terrific! We are new to the golf cart world and are anxious to get started. That being said, please excuse my "newbie" questions.

I am looking to lift my 1981 G1. I've been told that Jakes is the best brand to go with. Can anyone verify? Also, I really am only seeing kits for 82-89. Will these fit my cart?
Happy weekend!! Crystal and Ray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Leplover69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2015, 12:42 PM   #2
jwalsh965
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 Lift Kit

I don't believe there is a lift kit you can buy for a Yamaha G1 but see attached file this might help.
Attached Files
File Type: doc YAMAHA G 1 LIFT KIT BLUEPRINTS.doc (59.5 KB, 0 views)
jwalsh965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 12:53 PM   #3
Field6565
Gone Wild

There are two lift kits available for the G1. All sports makes a 4" lift that is bolt on. Jakes makes a 6" lift but you will have to put an indentation in the frame for clutch clearance. You will need to have the newer style spindles to use the Jakes lift or you can swap them out to the newer version. Can you take a picture and post it? Yes, the Jakes kit is the better quality.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 02:33 PM   #4
Leplover69
Not Yet Wild

Thanks field6565! I'll post pictures as soon as the forum will let me. Tried this morning and I have to wait a few more days.

Old 10-18-2015, 02:48 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I think you have to have so many posts, but you can post them someplace else and link them also.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 12:16 PM   #6
catfish125
Not Yet Wild

So the all sports 4" lift needs no modification on a 1980 G1 correct? Also what would be the biggest tires you could put on the 4" lift? Would i need to get new rims too if I was to go with the 4" and bigger tires or could i use factory rims?

catfish125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 12:20 PM   #7
Leplover69
Not Yet Wild

Here's a couple of photos. I'm in love!

Old 11-07-2015, 04:35 PM   #8
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Any lift fits 20s (atv tires), 4" should fit 22s but with yamaha they usually have to move the arms forward or the tires hit the frame. The lift should say what they fit. Some really cheap lifts don't move the arms forward. You really should get new rims its a safety issue, new rims would be offset outwards and make the cart more stable. They roll much easier with stock rims and often ATV tires will rub on the inside. ATV tires are much more durable and don't puncture compared to 2 ply (if you go offroad). You can find deals on steel wheels if you have a small budget, and same with 22 atv tires they are very popular. I'd recommend that if possible. If you can get some cool wheels, its not like you will need to replace them. Shopping around is a good idea to get the best you can within your budget, its also really nice to buy them mounted because atv tires are not easy to do by hand, while the 2 ply can be done much like lawn tires. Some lifts come with wheels and tires in a kit. I'd likely go to 10" wheels if you buy them, or larger if you want but 10s fit any lift you might get later. 8" can fit basic lifts but many of them wont. You might need to trim the end of the rocker and modify the plastic inside the wheel well if it rubs, those are typically the only issues. I slit the wells and drill a couple holes, then run zipties to pull them back a little to clear, its easy. The most dirt cheap lifts will fit 20s, its the cheapest way if you want that, the cheapest tires but not a big difference to 22s usually.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 05:45 PM   #9
catfish125
Not Yet Wild

Great info exactly what I was wanting to know. Thanks Sho!

catfish125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha