lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2016, 05:02 PM   #21
badbowtie
Getting Wild

Default Re: building a g1 mini car need some advice

I am not sure if I am going to go with clone setup or just get it running like this it is actually a build project I am trying to do for one of the guys in our car club. Yes they are the cars that used to be used at 6 flags and other amusement parks in the 70's. This body is a arrow turnpike or arrow development body.
badbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2016, 07:02 AM   #22
badbowtie
Getting Wild

Anybody have a link to were I can buy these diff pulleys. I would at least like to see my options on sizes. If they have one that will do what I need that may be the way to go so i still have plenty of exhaust clearance that I will loose if I clock the rear end. I am going to try to look at steering a little bit more today I would love to be able to just use the stock gear box.
Old 01-09-2016, 02:03 PM   #23
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Badbowtie what holds the spacing on a driven pulley maybe you can add to the collar to hold it open a little more where you can use a shorter belt to where it won't climb as high on the driven pulley and cause rubbing..not sure about this maybe someone else can chime in. I have a shorter belt on mine to where its down in the pulley a little, but with mine being tight it really has no neutral and a little stubborn getting into reverse on hills...
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 11:57 AM   #24
badbowtie
Getting Wild

I got a little bit of time to go look at this headache this morning and I got the rear axle tubes unbolted and spun the rear end up to the next set of holes and it moved allot. I am not sure if I will have oil problems with it standing straight up like this. I also need to set the body back on and see if I can even make the motor still fit and get exhaust to clear the rear end since it comes out right at it. With the rear end standing straight up like this am I going to run into oil issues with the rear axle not lubing everything like needed. You can see in the pictures how much it moved. I will have to remove the rear shock tube and refab it since I had to pivot suspension way up to drive pulley under it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled22.jpg (94.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled222.jpg (88.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-23-2016, 12:19 PM   #25
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

My rear differential angle changed a lot when I did the rotation of axle tubes. But, mine is a G2 rear so angles may not be quite what you have.

This being said, the rear differentials are a sling type lubrication and should still lubricate fine in the position it needs to be in.

I've driven mine about 40 miles or more since doing mine and it's still doing fine with no noises. Most of those miles in rough, hilly terrain and pretty hot temps. Keep in mind that your fill and oil check ports will be out of location.

You won't have reverse if you change engines, so I'd be searching for a G2 rear. The axles and tubes from yours will fit on it and then bolt back in the original location if you ever decide to do so.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 01:49 PM   #26
badbowtie
Getting Wild

I was going try to use this rear axle and engine to try to save atleast 1000 dollars but it is not looking very easy. I also just decided to remove the axle perches so I can turn the axle then reweld them so I can get less spin than a whole bolt hole change.
Old 01-23-2016, 05:07 PM   #27
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbowtie View Post
I was going try to use this rear axle and engine to try to save atleast 1000 dollars but it is not looking very easy. I also just decided to remove the axle perches so I can turn the axle then reweld them so I can get less spin than a whole bolt hole change.
That's what I was referring to doing.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 05:39 PM   #28
badbowtie
Getting Wild

Well I may have enough room to make this actually work rolling the axle. I am just looking for a way to come off the head were the exhaust is and see how tight of a 90 I can get to get the exhaust to clear rear axle. Also Is there a site I can look at to pick belt lengths to get a idea on where I need to set motor. I am also assuming if I try to do a clone motor setup I would only have reverse since motor will be behind the the axle unless I switch rear axles also. I have not found just the center section rear axle to check on prices yet. Also what clone motor are you guys recommending to look at that options. I am assuming the 13hp from harborfreight for like 360.00 but would have to do a rear axle right away also.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:42 AM   #29
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Although it's easier to do it while your building it and have the body off you can use what you have for now and upgrade later.

I ran the G1 with a 4 stroke engine for a few months with just forward gear. It isn't too big a deal until you start getting into situations where you have to back up. As long as I kept mine on the road and around the house it wasn't a problem. When I started riding it thru the woods and on trails it became more of a problem.

As for finding a rear differential, I found mine thru a member here but you don't see them very often.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:54 AM   #30
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

If you are just looking to drive around at stock speed the HF is fine.If you want speed and power you are way better off starting with the vegascarts clone.Taking the cheaper clones and souping them up ends up costing at least as much money,you have to do all the labor and you still have the weaker 7 bolt block versus the stronger VC 10 bolt.Think about where you want to be before you buy an engine.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha