lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2016, 09:27 PM   #21
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Only getting 90% off pedal

You don't need to take the clutch off, take the bolt out and the whole outer part comes right off. Do the weights, put it back on, put bolt back in.

Weights last like 15 years of summer use up here. When I measured my sheave between the webbing it was .016", not much left. The weights been changed 3 times in the last few years swapping in used until the last time I found nearly new ones. I have it sitting there for a spare, but the sheave is very expensive. I would guess this sheave is original 1991 since I bought out of a GC trade in back in 99.

The stock primary is very smooth and trouble free, lasts a long long long time. When you mod the engine (or in my case a clone engine lol) you can adjust it a little by drilling the weights like I did, but you can't get far and it wont do more rpm. I had to get a different clutch to shift at 4K rpm. It would only show 3800 on my $15 tach. Been tuning on that for couple years now.

I used a propane torch, about the time the plastic washers in there just start to melt the edges the set screw will come right out. That is only a few seconds. Don't melt the bushings with too much heat. Some of them I hold the wrench as I bump heat to it. Use blue loctite and don't tighten them hard. I put some oil on the pins and wipe off the excess that is about all you can do. Its made to not be lubed at all other than the center shaft grease zerk.

Sheave life depends on how much sand you drive through. Its dusty where I ride but they still last a long time. Some people on beaches have had them wear out in a few years, running in deep sand all the time.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2016, 04:34 PM   #22
hardway
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I watch a video on a g9 and the whole clutch came off with the center bolt. I guess the g2 is different. Thanks.
hardway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 04:49 PM   #23
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Are you sure that wasn't a puller and not the bolt?
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 05:48 PM   #24
hardway
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Having trouble getting weights back in with washers. I can get 1 in then it is too tight to for the other. Even tried old washers, still too tight.Any ideas out there?
Old 02-21-2016, 05:54 PM   #25
hardway
Gone Wild

Yamaha

sorry, got my washers mixed up. All is good
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha