lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2017, 09:57 AM   #1
toofast
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007-2010 Drive

Hey guys looking for a little help. A local dealer is offering a nice package deal on a '10 Yamaha Drive gas cart. I've heard some say there were issues with clutches etc... any issues with these years to make note of?
toofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2017, 05:21 PM   #2
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2007-2010 Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofast View Post
Hey guys looking for a little help. A local dealer is offering a nice package deal on a '10 Yamaha Drive gas cart. I've heard some say there were issues with clutches etc... any issues with these years to make note of?
There were some issues early on with the Team clutch setup. But those are easily rectified by some aftermarket reworking. I currently have a 2007 Drive with the "problematic" clutches and it works just fine. I've replaced my secondary (worn out), and had the primary rebuilt by Don Plowman and added a premium Kevlar belt. Shifts smoothly, and always returns to "low gear".

Yamaha also now offers a newer style replacement clutch set which replaces the older Team clutches. So bottom line, don't let clutch worries keep you from getting an otherwise excellent cart.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:07 AM   #3
QB100
Gone Wild

Yamaha

mine is a 2011 with the team clutch and I don't have any issues.. when I do i'll just call plowman's for a replacement.
QB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:57 AM   #4
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

My 2011 G29 was a refurbished fleet cart (my first cart), 6" lift, 23" tires, and rear seat. It already had the drive clutch (Team JW1) replaced with the newer (FBT JW 8 ) clutch installed, but it still had the (Team JW1) driven clutch with the OEM belt (JW1). After installing the torque spring in the driven clutch it had good acceleration, and adjusting the governor all the way in I could get 22mph on flat ground. If you install the rear seat, get the heavy duty spring (Jake's) for the rear shocks to keep it safely on the road at any speed. I did change the rear driven clutch to the JW8 FBT, and am now using the Gates Kevlar reinforced J55 belt. I did do the intake and carb mod from Plowman's and have seen 30mph on flat ground. I am always adding and changing things up as this is my hobby now LOL. Good Luck.

Robert
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha