lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2017, 07:45 PM   #11
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 build thread project 'Beg, Borrow or Steal'

I agree with you, when I did mine 22s were huge it was way cool as nobody had seen a lifted cart then. Now I would go 25s or so but not really worth it to buy a new set of wheels/tires for this one. It works great on 22s, I could run down a beach of sand and roll right over it with the stock engine. With the clone I can spin across it, but the tires give good floatation and traction I can't complain. I can turn hard on trails and it always grabs good. These tires I could stand on before they were mounted and they held me up, the tires are that hard/stiff. They do not roll over at all on the cart.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2017, 08:41 PM   #12
SlurpJ
Not Yet Wild

Got started on the front lift tonight. Going to be up 8" and forward 2" it looks like. Will be similar to a lot of lifts I've seen on this sight but there will be a few things done that I haven't seen, just to make sure it's built to last. I still have to do the bottom mounts and I'm wondering if I can push it out about an inch on each side. Also hadn't thought about the steering linkages so hopefully I can make that work either way. Also figured out a great idea for a front bumper. This things gaining weight quick! Time to start looking into clutch and engine mods.
What's the easiest way to get the hub bearings out? They look brand new and I'd like to reuse them but need to get them out so I can strip the hubs to be repainted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg old turd 3.jpg (202.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg old turd 4.jpg (182.6 KB, 0 views)
SlurpJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:23 PM   #13
rib33024

Nice find on the G1. Looks like the lift is coming out nice
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 08:32 PM   #14
SlurpJ
Not Yet Wild

Little more progress tonight. Turns out my measurements (or lack thereof) were a little off. Ended up being 8.5" of lift and 2.5" forward, which I'm thinking will work out well. Been slow going because I'm just using scrap steel I have laying around so I have to sand, sand, sand to get it cleaned up. Tomorrow I'll figure out my shock mounts, looks like they'll be right on the round frame rail in front of the shock tower so that should work out perfect. Hopefully I can get some more of the metal work done before it gets really hot the next week or so, not ready for 100's yet!
Off to the store to grab some vinegar and get some of the rusty bolts soaking so I can get them cleaned up.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:45 PM   #15
SlurpJ
Not Yet Wild

Forgot pics!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg old turd 5.jpg (221.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg old turd 6.jpg (173.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-07-2017, 09:24 PM   #16
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Yeah about one inch out is what I figured on mine. You can get mud slung at you but you really need the stability and more the higher you go. Can always get fender flares. I think mine is 18" to the floor, its really just enough to fit 22s and I added an inch to haul stuff with out rubbing.

I should do my bearings its been so long I forget what all is in there. But I don't ride in water at all really so have not worried about them.

Lift is looking good!
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:40 PM   #17
SlurpJ
Not Yet Wild

Got my arms back on so I could figure out were to mount the shocks. I had to throw the front cowl back on to give me an idea of how it's going to look. I need to get the tires back on it and get it on the ground to see if I got everything in the right spot and check camber then finish weld. I've got to pull off the drop bracket and add a skid plate for the bottom of it, finish welding it then it's off to powder coating at work!

Haven't done much measuring yet but 25" tires will easily fit, could probably fit 27's I think. That would be nice because the cart that has been a lot of inspiration to has them on it, I'll attach a pic for reference.

Got some POR15 ordered and on the way to take care of painting the frame. Have to stop and pick up some sand for the blaster tonight. Tomorrow will be spent removing rust, and of course they're talking record highs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg old turd 6.jpg (239.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg old turd 7.jpg (240.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg old turd 8.jpg (188.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-09-2017, 12:42 PM   #18
SlurpJ
Not Yet Wild

This is the cart that got me all excited to go with the bigger lift kit! I'm sure I'll end up about the same tire/height size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg what i want.jpg (40.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-09-2017, 08:59 PM   #19
Unicon
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Nice, I really like the way you did that..
Unicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 03:29 PM   #20
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlurpJ View Post
Got started on the front lift tonight. Going to be up 8" and forward 2" it looks like. Will be similar to a lot of lifts I've seen on this sight but there will be a few things done that I haven't seen, just to make sure it's built to last. I still have to do the bottom mounts and I'm wondering if I can push it out about an inch on each side. Also hadn't thought about the steering linkages so hopefully I can make that work either way. Also figured out a great idea for a front bumper. This things gaining weight quick! Time to start looking into clutch and engine mods.
What's the easiest way to get the hub bearings out? They look brand new and I'd like to reuse them but need to get them out so I can strip the hubs to be repainted.
you mind making a setup like that for me?
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha