lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2017, 03:39 PM   #21
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 build thread project 'Beg, Borrow or Steal'

This is mine still needs paint sitting on 25s with an odd homemade lift. My front tires tilt out. ive a different set of wheels that have a better offset just need to mount them. my wiring was a mess and I replaced the starter gen with a known used one. replaced carb and crank seals along with a tune up and we ride our neighborhood almost every day. Great little machine!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0961.jpg (186.9 KB, 0 views)
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2017, 05:02 PM   #22
SlurpJ
Not Yet Wild

I do this kind of metal fab as a hobby, you start getting paid it tends to not be a hobby anymore. With that being said the lift could be for sale soon. I realized as much time as I spent building it I easily could have just fabbed up new arms with the drop built in and actually gained a whole bunch of ground clearance.

Anyone know if the front steering brackets that the tie rods attach to are cast iron? Working on cleaning those up and welding on a bracket to raise them. They sure seem solid, if they are cast I've got nickel rods for my stick welder I can use but I'm not the best with that thing!
SlurpJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 05:03 PM   #23
SlurpJ
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
This is mine still needs paint sitting on 25s with an odd homemade lift. My front tires tilt out. ive a different set of wheels that have a better offset just need to mount them. my wiring was a mess and I replaced the starter gen with a known used one. replaced carb and crank seals along with a tune up and we ride our neighborhood almost every day. Great little machine!
Looks good! How much lift do you think you have?
Old 06-10-2017, 05:59 PM   #24
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

guessing 6ish and these wheels are offset towards the inside of the cart. I had to massage the flooring braces right behind the front wheel and remove the front bumper to stop rubbing. I'm also using inch and 1/4 wheels spacers and had to trim the right rear fender well at one corner because these tires have aggressive side knobbies.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 09:34 PM   #25
SlurpJ
Not Yet Wild

Well I don't think they were cast iron as I MIG welded them just fine with no cracking sounds, that's the best way I can tell if it's cast. Sure was some tough stuff though, just don't find steel like that anymore.

Got to play around with my sandblasters. They're nothing special but they are sure coming in handy for this project.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:05 AM   #26
wicked872
Getting Wild
Yamaha

do you still have the roof, I have a friend with a G-1 that needs one, depends how much and where you are at, I think a top has to go by truck because of the size, but if you are close enough maybe a road trip. my E-Mail is jwick11349@yahoo.com. thanks
wicked872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:39 PM   #27
SlurpJ
Not Yet Wild

Well it was too **** hot to roll the thing outside and do the sandblasting. Decided to finish up the lift kit inside the garage where it was a little cooler. Tip for anyone who wants stuff powder coated, make sure there are no sharp edges. That's the first place powder coat will peel so round off all sharp edges. Decided to add a skid plate and a tow hook because I can. It's off to work tomorrow to get powder coated.

Finally hacked off the body mounts that were all rusted and shot. Not sure why but I've been hesitant to tackle those. Should be a piece of cake compared to the lift but I've been putting it off. They were so rusted they were about to fall off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg old turd 10.jpg (253.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg old turd 12.jpg (192.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg old turd 13.jpg (175.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg old turd 14.jpg (217.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-11-2017, 07:56 PM   #28
SlurpJ
Not Yet Wild

Heard from my father yesterday and he said get the motor pulled and he'll rebuild it. He may have had a few whiskey drinks and may not recall the conversation but that's a green flag in my book. Thinking I'll just drop the whole swing arm and pull the whole assembly out. Anyone ever done this? What do I need to disconnect?
Old 06-12-2017, 12:22 PM   #29
SlurpJ
Not Yet Wild

What is this piece here called? The wires have all been chewed up and I'm assuming it won't run because of this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg whats this.JPG (228.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-12-2017, 02:16 PM   #30
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It's a "delay" used to help prevent motor from turning over to early when going from forward to reverse can easily be bypass by simply connecting the two white wires together
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha