lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2017, 10:22 AM   #11
Berex
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G29 clutch issues

Where would be a good place to buy a new input shaft?
Berex is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2017, 12:32 AM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Glenn at Gboost used to have them at good prices.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:43 PM   #13
Berex
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Well it ate the washer again I pulled the clutch off again and checked the input shaft it doesn't have any play in it so I wouldn't think that's the issue but the clutch itself seems to wobble on the shaft just a little bit not enough I would think would cause an issue. Could it be the clutch itself? I stopped and talked to the mechanic and he was thinking maybe the stiffer spring from plowmans was causing it he said he had never seen the issue.Im leaning toward buying a new clutch and trying that but that's a pretty expensive guess?

Edit: after looking at it really close I noticed that the clutch can wobble about an 1/8 inch on the shaft even with it tight.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:08 PM   #14
2007ydr
Not Yet Wild

Plowman repaired my clutch and said he had determined the cause of the retention washer failure. Don told me that plowing snow had created a thermocycle causing the grease to migrate off the shaft. He found the shaft rusty and said that was the cause of the failure. He told me to remove the clutch every 6 months and replace the grease. He also recommended blue loctite and torquing to 25 ft-lbs.
2007ydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:31 AM   #15
Berex
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks mine was also very dry and rusty regressed and we'll seen what happens thanks for all the help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha