lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2018, 12:48 AM   #1
jb59
Not Yet Wild

Default Enclosure recommendations for G8

Would like some enclosure recommendations for my dads "new" G8 with gas engine. He needs full enclosure as he will use it year around which will mean lots of real cold weather here in Idaho. I looked online and wow, there are quite a few out there, with prices all over the board.Also worry about fitment ordering blind. So, any suggestions/recommendations from those that have been there already will be greatly appreciated.
jb59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2018, 09:47 AM   #2
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Enclosure recommendations for G8

A few months ago we ordered a cover from Leader Accessories. It is a somewhat universal enclosure but they offered precise dimensions to check against our 96 EZGO TXT with metal bed and factory top. We ordered the four person model to cover the bed. It works very well. The back extends out to cover the foot rest that would be found on a cart with rear facing seat kit. That was enough to cover our bed. I added a rear step similar to a back seat kit to help keep the bottom rear of the cover stable as it would on a 4 person cart. Their two person enclosure looks like it would fit well on a G8 or a standard 2 person TXT too.

We chose the Leader model because it appeared it would fit well, and it wasn't too expensive. If we made a mistake it wouldn't be a disaster like buying a $400 enclosure. So far we found it has worked well to keep all wind and precip off of the passengers and cargo, even when driving 22-25mph down a paved road. Last weekend I used it to do chores around our property with temps hovering around 10 degrees. Dressed properly it was very comfortable, until I stepped out of the enclosure. With a golf cart style heater I could have stayed out in it for hours. I installed a single burner stove/heater we used previously for tent camping. It is about twice the BTU output as a "golf cart" heater. It gets so warm inside the enclosure that we have to turn it off after about ten minutes.

https://www.leaderaccessories.com/in...8#.WkzrTHlG3IU

Without the grill guard the front portion would fit down further on the cowl and be a little tighter. I added a rear strut in the bed to hold up the back of the enclosure roof since we don't have a full length top like a 4 person cart would have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf Cart Encl Avatar.jpg (286.9 KB, 0 views)
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 12:55 PM   #3
jb59
Not Yet Wild

Thanks so much for responding, will look further into this!!
jb59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:37 PM   #4
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You're welcome. But remember this advice is worth every penny you paid for it.

:)
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha