lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2018, 06:24 PM   #1
D-rock
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha G1 information

I am brand new to golf carts. I just bought a 1979 Yamaha G1 Gas. I need to lift this cart a bit. As is it doesnt have enough ground clearance . I think 4 inches would do it. Any ideas or advice?
D-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2018, 09:03 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 information

Just and fyi the the way these are set up with the engine on a "swing arm" when you lift them you don't gain ground clearance bigger tires is where you gain the ground clearance
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:34 PM   #3
D-rock
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Right. But I need to lift it to fit bigger tires. The lifts I am seeing are for 82 and up. I need a lift for 79. Jakes lifts list an 82 and up G1. I'm thinking they must be somehow different.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:48 AM   #4
yamahag1cart
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Good luck DROCK!

I have a 1979 G1 as well and noticed that about several parts only being for 1980+ models. Not sure how much things changed but I have seen people fab their own lift kits for these carts - I think there are even free plans with technical drawings on the site somewhere! Not too complicated if you have a knack for backyard engineering and the right tools!
yamahag1cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:26 AM   #5
BrutalSoldier
Addictive Personality

Club Car

I believe I read on BGW somewhere when I was building my G1 that the early G1's are basically the same as 1980's G1. If I am remembering correctly there was a few subtle differences but nothing major.
BrutalSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:14 AM   #6
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

the only things I know are different are the carb, primary clutch changed and the solenoid assembly. I don't see where the front suspension would be different.

id take some pics of my 84 front end but its so cut up with a home made lift its crazy. On this site theres no separate listing but again a lot of it is no longer available. Ive tried to find a G1 parts manual with no luck.

actually I found a place in Australia you could buy the manual online line and they would send you a link. Lets just say good thing I used paypal!

http://www.tntgolfcar.com/yamaha-par...5_440_670.html
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:01 PM   #7
BrutalSoldier
Addictive Personality

Club Car

I will have my daughter take some pics of her G1 when she gets home from school. It has the Jake's A-Arm lift and I did a 2"x4" shackle drop in the rear.
BrutalSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:16 AM   #8
D-rock
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks guys. I'm learning. I'm pretty sure the governor is gone on my cart. It has a pipe on it and dual exhaust. It says LRD on it and its REALLY loud. I dont have great hearing anymore anyway. I did get it running. Its been sitting about 8 or 10 years so it needed a new battery , a fuel system total clean out etc. I guess the normal stuff one would do to anything thats been sitting that long. It started right up and ran great. It goes pretty fast for a stock engine I think. I'm an gravel and I think it went maybe twenty. I'm going to figure out how to get a picture on here and maybe you guys will have some ideas.
Old 02-24-2018, 07:34 AM   #9
jjastram
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here are the blueprints I am using to raise my G1. I found them some where here on BGW. I bought the flat iron on eBay and the rectangle tube on line. I still need to cut the flats to size, drill and weld. I got the rectangle here and had it cut to length. https://www.metalsdepot.com/steel-pr...rectangle-tube
Attached Files
File Type: doc YAMAHA G 1 LIFT KIT BLUEPRINTS.doc (56.0 KB, 0 views)
jjastram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:08 PM   #10
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

manual if you need one

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/garag...ir-manual.html
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha