lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2018, 08:14 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Problem with new carb

Just saying golf carts don't "idle", and "cranking over on the starter" isn't "running". If cart owners all understood this, would be easier to help them. But if you were to remove the spark plug wire, then crank it up, it should act the same. (But clearly not running with the whole "no spark" thing).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2018, 08:15 PM   #12
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukedlv View Post
To answer the three responses:
Thank you for taking the time to advise me.

Golf cart guy - the accelerator cable is moving the cable at the carb, so it’s got to be working.

Meimk - I can Try that, but not confident it will keep the cart running.

CGTech - I’m not sure what you are advising. Are you making a joke or do you have some guidance for me to try something new?
I wouldn't expect it to keep the cart running, but if it will allow the engine to rev up for even a few seconds it will verify that it is still a fuel delivery problem. It would rev up and accelerate the engine for the few seconds it takes to burn off the carb cleaner, then die back down to cranking over on the starter - but not actually running. That would be confirmation that fuel delivery is the missing ingredient.
GTECH was joking about the many times people describe the engine as running when in fact it is just turning over on the starter.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 06:43 AM   #13
Lukedlv
Not Yet Wild

Ok, thanks. I’ll try the carb cleaner idea.

Ever since I bought The cart last spring, it’s had this long hesitation to start. It would eventually get going , but it would turn over with the starter a few times before revving the engine. Why would that be? I’d like to fix that problem as well.

Last edited by Lukedlv; 04-08-2018 at 06:45 AM.. Reason: Adding
Lukedlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 08:40 AM   #14
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Lukedlv have you taken the carburetor completely apart to clean it.
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:23 PM   #15
Lukedlv
Not Yet Wild

Limited Edition: yes, I pulled It apart. Lost the needle in the process. It was cheaper to order an entirely new carb than just order a needle, so I did that.

I did The carb cleaner idea suggested above, it helped once the starter got going to get the engine engaged, so there is some sort of fuel problem. Is there a way to check the fuel pump and lines that you all recommend?

One issue is that it takes 30-45 seconds of holding the accelerator down to even get the starter to begin rotating the belt consistently. It will turn over then stop about 20-30 times before the starter “catches” and turns the belt repeatedly. What would be the issue for this delay since it’s not fuel related? Is that a clutch issue or could the starter itself be funky? I replaced The brushes back in the winter, so that’s not the problem with the starter. I’ve taken it all and it will turn consistently when not hooked up to the belt. I’ve tried loosening the starter belt to no avail. Same issue.

Guidance on checking the fuel issue and the starter hesitation problem are greatly appreciated!
Old 04-21-2018, 11:53 AM   #16
Lukedlv
Not Yet Wild

Anyone have feedback on how to check and fix the fuel line and the problem with the hesitating start?
Old 04-21-2018, 01:57 PM   #17
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukedlv View Post
Anyone have feedback on how to check and fix the fuel line and the problem with the hesitating start?
You have been battling this issue for a month and by now has cost you more than if you just had someone come out and look at it and fix it.
I get it, you want to fix it yourself, but there becomes a point, your better off paying, rather than guessing.
Plus it sounds like you bought a china carb, so youll need to switch back to the factory carb. Cut the loss and cut a check
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:52 PM   #18
Lukedlv
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
You have been battling this issue for a month and by now has cost you more than if you just had someone come out and look at it and fix it.
I get it, you want to fix it yourself, but there becomes a point, your better off paying, rather than guessing.
Plus it sounds like you bought a china carb, so youll need to switch back to the factory carb. Cut the loss and cut a check

Unfortunately, I don’t have anyone in my area who works on these. I’ve called around and have not found anyone to work on the G1. Believe me, I’m willing to have someone else fix it.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:02 PM   #19
Lukedlv
Not Yet Wild

Here is a quick video if that is helpful for anyone to see what’s happening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piYaX1G8jqc

Thanks
Old 04-21-2018, 04:58 PM   #20
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

doesn't look carb related to me.

cranking to slow. you need to go through your cranking system. Make sure the battery is fully charged and tests good. next clean all terminals from the battery to the starter/gen then to the solenoids. the stock cable ends are steel which will corrode and cause voltage drop.
even after cleaning mine i still had intermitant no crank. I replaced all the cables and ends and so far no more issues.

What are you using for a battery? where are you located?

One a second note: one section of that primary clutch looks shiny, is it rubbing? are your belts over tight? are you using the correct spark plug?
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha