lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2018, 10:28 AM   #1
Mr.Greer
Not Yet Wild

Default yamaha g16 weak power

i recently got a 1997 g16 and its sputters and loseing power when going forward but going in reverse it has no problem. what could it be? i replaced fuel filter and fuel lines. could a belt be stretched out?
Mr.Greer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2018, 12:21 PM   #2
Chilly
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: yamaha g16 weak power

The engine and clutch don't know which direction the cart is going. The reverse cable changes gearing in the transaxle. It could be that the issue is more noticeable in the forward direction since it probably has higher speed gearing goon forward (I think). Does it seem like you need to baby the throttle to get it up to speed? As in too much throttle applied too quickly makes it stammer? If so then how old is your gas?
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:17 PM   #3
Mr.Greer
Not Yet Wild

gas is all new, even cleaned the tank when i got it. and babying does help sometime but no all.
Mr.Greer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:50 PM   #4
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I'd start with setting valve lash to .004" take carb completely apart and clean it out pull the Jets make sure none are plugged and blow forced air through the passages and toss in a new spark plug they can foul and act goofy if that doesn't fix it jack up the cart and run it wide open and watch the clutches the belt should rise to the top of the primary and sink to the bottom of the secondary in a smooth fashion poor operating clutches can make a great running cart under perform and seem like a motor issue
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha