lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2018, 09:38 AM   #11
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: reverse buzzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggdoll View Post
2013 RXV, for the life on me I can't find it. Sure I hear it blaring from under the cover by the tow/run switch, but when a feel around still can't find it.

How did you delete your buzzer?
You must use a Curtis OEM handset with the E-Z-GO adapter... Connect the handset to the RXVs programming port. Turn the key to ON/Neutral.

Use the up and down arrows to scroll up or down, and the right arrow to select.

Highlight Parameters and press the button under the screen, where it shows the word Select.
Scroll down to System Configuration and press right arrow.
Scroll down to Misc and press right arrow.
The Menu screen should show at the top that you are in Parameters/System Configuration/Misc
Scroll down to Reverse Buzzer and press the right arrow.
Toggle On to Off by hitting the + or - button to toggle the value to off.
Turn the key off
Wait 10 seconds after the handset display shuts off.
Turn the key to ON/Neutral. There should be no buzzer chirp during the powerup test, and the buzzer should no longer sound off when you select Reverse.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2018, 09:51 AM   #12
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
Haha not on our handheld we can't. All our handhelds do for Curtis is turn speed to 19.5 MPH max, braking to 1, reverse to 7 MPH max, set profiles, set the handheld contrast, language, and view input data and faults.

No such hacking is available to our sad out of date shop. We can't get EZGO to sell OEM models, so we're stuck with lousy 1311 Dealer level handhelds only.
If you can find the 1313-4401 update file for your handset, you can reflash your 1311-3301 to the newer 1314-4401 software. I'll see if I can locate the file for you, no promises though. I was denied a file the last time I requested one to reflash my 1313-4401 to a 1313-550X. That file may not exist, I do know that the 1311-XX01 to 1313-4401 update file exists. The chinese do it all the time. so they can sell the older 1311-XX01 handsets as 1313-4401 updated handsets on eBay.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:56 PM   #13
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

and how am I supposed to connect the handheld to a PC? It doesn't have any USB ports
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:19 PM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

SD slot ?
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:35 PM   #15
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

My handheld has no such slot. only opening on it is for the cable that plugs into it, and connects to the car. it's a 1311-3301
Old 07-19-2018, 03:36 PM   #16
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
and how am I supposed to connect the handheld to a PC? It doesn't have any USB ports
There should be a micro-USB under a rubber cover on the cable that plugs into the controller, if not you can load the file to a SD Card and insert it into the memory expansion port, then pull up the file via the File Manager in the handset and transfer that file into the Firmware folder of the handset. The SD slot is hidden under the protective rubber along the left side, left of the screen.

If yours does not have that, it may be an even older model that was upgraded to a 1311-3301
Old 07-20-2018, 07:22 AM   #17
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Must be an older upgraded one then. Because I can assure you, that both handsets that are the 1311s in our shop have only one opening and that's for the cable that plugs in. no rubber covers, no hidden 'features'.

Cable for the controller on the carts just has a rubber flap covering the round 4-pin connector that plugs into the handset. Controllers themselves only have four pin square connectors that end in that round connector.

No matter what, we're forever stuck without your abilities.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:44 AM   #18
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Must be an older upgraded one then. Because I can assure you, that both handsets that are the 1311s in our shop have only one opening and that's for the cable that plugs in. no rubber covers, no hidden 'features'.

Cable for the controller on the carts just has a rubber flap covering the round 4-pin connector that plugs into the handset. Controllers themselves only have four pin square connectors that end in that round connector.

No matter what, we're forever stuck without your abilities.
Naaa, don't give up so easy. We'll figure something out, one way or another.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:21 AM   #19
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

What we really need is an OEM level handset, but I doubt the boss is interested in spending too much doing so.

Good thing our customers are conservatives and ignorant to the truth that the Curtis versions can go past 20 MPH and can have the backup buzzer deleted via software. So far they're not as happy living with tape and cotton balls muting it, but so far they are amazed that 20 MPH is possible in an RXV given they used to own some rusty Melex or Marathon series that barely got 12 MPH.

The selling point (and why the RXV is our highest selling car so far) is '20 MPH UPHILL!'

They don't lose speed uphill, so folks are amazed coming from a car that barely crawled uphill to say the least. Let's hope they stay ignorant a bit longer.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:38 AM   #20
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

My 1311-3301 is the same way. No connection other than the main one at the bottom. If you guys figure this out let me know
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO