lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2018, 04:48 PM   #1
06madaman
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Danaher to Curtis Question!

I have a 2008 freedom Rxv. I have a Curtis controller that I got cheap. I’ve seen Bob’s step by step conversion, BUT I cannot replicate his precision. Lol. If you buy the conversion from ezgo, there is a “conversion harness”. It looks like it just plugs right in the Curtis and then to factory wiring harness. Then just have to deal with two wires to connect. Can I get that harness separately? If so, what is that particular part number? The total conversion is like $1200. But I already have the controller, so it’s obviously not worth it to purchase.
06madaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2018, 04:58 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Danaher to Curtis Question!

Call your local EZGO dealer and have him give you a price. There not on the EZGO web site that I can find. I did ask my local dealer two years ago and he said $150.00 but don't hold me to that.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 05:21 PM   #3
06madaman
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks! Was hoping to use a coupon code or something, lol. Is that all I would need? That harness and the Curtis controller? I know the 350a conversion comes with extra parts.....
Old 09-06-2018, 05:54 PM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If you already have a Curtis controller yes that would be the only thing you need. But saying that I would put in a new solenoid at the same time.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:25 PM   #5
rngilliland
Gone Wild

If you only have the controller you will need a few more parts.

Left controller bracket #623170
Right controller bracket #623213
Heat shield #623433
Harness Adapter #626124
Resistor .86 ohm #619001
10awg white wire #607707
10awg white wire 400mm #624611
6awg black wire 830 mm #624618

You will need the left and right controller brackets and harness adapter. And probably the heat shield. If the old heat shield will bolt to the new brackets you could reuse it. The resistor and wires are included in the kit so I listed the part numbers but you can probably reuse the ones you have. The two white wires are for the resistor and the black one is a longer negative battery cable.

The mount for the Danahar controller is built into the controller but the Curtis controller uses the two brackets.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 06:47 PM   #6
06madaman
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you for the additional info. Although those will be additional costs, I’m sure it’ll much cheaper than the whole kit. My current danaher still works, so I’ll hopefully be able to get it reprogrammed by Bob before I do the install of everything. If that’s still an option...
Old 09-06-2018, 07:14 PM   #7
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

He's right I was thinking you already had this stuff only missing the wiring conversion. Here is a picture of the parts you will need. I would check Ebay for awhile and try to find a whole conversion kit including controller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tmptmp627057_3.jpg (41.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-06-2018, 08:21 PM   #8
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

We have a complete conversion kit lying around here too, because a customer was having major issues with the Danahar's brake slipping code (beep beep beep as soon as key was turned on while parked on a hill, which Curtis ones are immune to--his was lifted and had a 900lb toolbox on the back)

Then he ended up selling the car and the new owner removed the 'enhancements' and returned it to stock and no more issue.

It is not that expensive nor hard and we did convert one in the past, but really saw no real improvement in performance either way (requires a pass key to unlock freedom mode while the Danahar does not, and still no real Alltrax style upgrades either way) except for the elimination of the 'brake slipping' error common to early Danahar cars.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 08:31 PM   #9
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Maybe the boss would sale it at a good price to get it out of the inventory?
Old 09-06-2018, 08:54 PM   #10
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Actually no. She is saving it in case another complaint about Danahar's infamous beep beep beep brake slipping error happens again, It's the only kit we got and some of it came from a wrecked (non salvageable, it got hit by a truck and was broke in half) cart. We don't even know where the brackets are sold, as EZ doesn't list them in their own parts book.

While Curtis RXVs are growing more common here in our rural part of KY, the 2008 with handle brake is still quite common among the ones we get in for repair (and usually still have the smaller failure prone solenoid still wired in) and the most common complaint aside the failing e-brakes are the beep beep beep error. These fail the twist test even if the car does not move and makes the reverse beeper go beep beep beep until key is cycled off then back to F or R again and again, it annoys the hell out of folks. In the faults, it says brake slipping--parking brake failed to stop motor from rotating during parking brake test. It happens all the time on 2008s, while later software on the later years using Danahar seems to have eliminated this. Or, made it less common.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO