lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2019, 06:24 AM   #1
Mancebo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Talking EZGO PDS Dcx to Xct controller upgrade

First and foremost, big thanks to Scotty B for all his patience with the multiple emails back and forth.

Going from DCX 400 to XCT 400 and upgraded solenoid. FN2 shift on the fly as well. Will take photos of the before to assist with cable placement and hook up. But for those that have done this, any advice or tips to assist with the process would be greatly appreciated.

More importantly anything I should avoid?
Mancebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2019, 06:58 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO PDS Dcx to Xct controller upgrade

You can never take too many photos. Photo the controller from several angles, to make sure you get useful pics of all the wires/cables.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 08:26 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

another thing that helps with the photos is to write it down, like a procedure what and how where each connection goes. you can never have enough info to help you.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:38 AM   #4
Mancebo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So, I completed the swap. Hooked up battery and turned key, controller lit up. All was good. Tested movement forward and reverse, all great. Went to zip tie and button up install and sure enough, tried again and nada. Controller doesn't light up or give error codes.

Where should I start? I checked key switch and battery fuse and fnr switch. All looks good.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:17 PM   #5
Mancebo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Bump, hoping someone can help as I'm just here staring at the cart. Lol
Old 04-13-2019, 12:27 PM   #6
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Did you ever actually drive the cart, or just get the wheels to turn f/r ?
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 12:39 PM   #7
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You need one of the experts, and unfortunately that’s not me. I’m only capable of throwing out a couple of guesses, some things to check while you’re waiting.
If the cart ran initially, (you didn’t say how long) you must have had everything hooked up correctly. I think I’ve read that a backwards diode can blow microswitches. Make sure it was installed correctly. The other guess would be that you moved something that wasn’t tight when you were cleaning up the wiring. Have you checked all wires?
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 12:42 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Seems like the install was a success. The cart ran and then zip ties were installed and install was buttoned up. Not sure what that means but, this stopped the cart from running so remove the zip ties and unbutton things up? Maybe something got pulled ( unplugged) when zipping and buttoning

P.S.
This controller does not get the environmental cover put on it.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 12:54 PM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancebo View Post
So, I completed the swap. Hooked up battery and turned key, controller lit up. All was good. Tested movement forward and reverse, all great. Went to zip tie and button up install and sure enough, tried again and nada. Controller doesn't light up or give error codes.

Where should I start? I checked key switch and battery fuse and fnr switch. All looks good.
Since you were zip tying the cables, I suspect a plug got pulled a little. Make sure all plugs are fully seated.

If that doesn't do the trick, disconnect charger and computer, if they are connected, and break out the DVM.

To get an XCT48400-PDS to power up, you need battery pack voltage on J1 Pins 4, 5 and 8. (Unlike the stock PDS controller, you don't have to have a direction selected to power up an XCT)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 01:02 PM   #10
Mancebo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yep, didn't have cover in Dcx. Checked all wires. Nothing is loose. Pack is at 38.5. keep in mind, when I connected battery first time, got a series of flashes, guessing four, and solid green. So I'm guessing everything was connected right. Then pressed peddle with hand while cart was in front, and moved an inch forward, tried the same after reverse and an inch back. All was well. The only wire that was a headache was the blue wire going to new solenoid. But figured that out and all was good. Not sure if there is another fuse I'm missing.

Anything I can check without removing everything?

Tags
ezgo pds dcx xct
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO