lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2019, 06:52 PM   #1
Stewbuntu
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Cobra knot / yeti rope handle type on a marathon

How do you think rope handles should be added to the marathon? Pics would be great. I made some Cobra knot looking handles that are like a yeti cup handle. The pic below is similar to what I saw on another cart

I'm thinking rivet nuts that are mounted into the metal tube around the underside of the roof and stainless eye let's into the nuts would be good.

Eyelets may not look to good so I was also thinking use normal rivets with some type of holder to hold up the handle. Maybe a stainless boat Bimini strap screw down holder like these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQV6J6A..._1sI0CbQW2D9GC

I'd prefer not to drill all the way through the whole thing and bolt and eyelet or something just because the crush nuts would be better than a nut on the roof.

The back supports bolt horizontally through that tube.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
Stewbuntu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2019, 07:03 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cobra knot / yeti rope handle type on a marathon

Could a "soft" connection with the rope work, like a carabiner?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:06 PM   #3
Stewbuntu
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

The metal bar encapsulates the roof so I can't wrap a rope around the bar

I added pics with the back supports in the frame

Old 05-07-2019, 07:44 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Sorry I coudn't help. I can't envision what you want to do. When I think ropes, I think carabiners. Maybe look at boating, sporting goods, rock climbing, etc. websites for ideas on attaching ropes. Also try mcmaster.com. They have just about everything. Fastenal may also help on the fasteners part.

Rereading, "Oh Sh!t" handles to me should be fairly rigid, so they don't flop around when you need to grab 'em. Could you do the same rope around something more rigid, like maybe tubing? Nothing structural, but just to give them some rigidity. I know lots of old cars used to have them in a loop with both ends fastened together, which wasn't the best thing to grab in a panic moment. Still better than nothing, but if it were mine, I'd try and fasten each end opposite each other, in a curve, kinda like the stock handles on my TXT roof.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:53 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I've never seen one in real life, but having to contend with the zip up fabric/plastic enclosure seems like it would make it much more difficult. Do you need that enclosure?
Old 05-19-2019, 06:59 PM   #6
Stewbuntu
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I got it done with a couple pad eyes and rivets. The bottom picture is a screenshot of some handles that you can put on a Yamaha rhino side-by-side and my friend had the top left handles and I kind of like having the grab handles for going over rough terrain, and that's what made me think of this project

Other examples:

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO