lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2019, 01:56 PM   #11
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default PDS ITS Question

I have read that already and it doesn’t answer if the solenoid will still close. I don’t need to test the sensor, I know it’s bad...one of the terminals corroded completely off.

Thanks for the link though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EZ-GoingJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2019, 02:05 PM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: PDS ITS Question

I can't answer for a PDS.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:21 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I think JohnnyB said PDS carts don't have Molex connectors, but just in case it's a year thing I misunderstood, it's a four wire connector between the cable from the throttle box and the wiring harness, pictured here:
The in-line connector was added to facilitate assembling the cart at the factory.
Wires from pedal box go to keyswitch, solenoid and controller on a series drive, solenoid and controller on a DCS, but only go to the controller on a PDS, so they just used a longer gray (4-wire) cable and it plugs directly into the PDS controller (J-4).

See attached schematics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series.JPG (55.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Late DCS - No Diode.JPG (88.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - PDS.JPG (129.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:24 PM   #14
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Johnnieb,

Would the ITS sensor being open or unwired keep the solenoid from closing when the pedal is pressed and the micro switch in the pedal box closed? Since it goes into the controller I’m assuming it is all controlled by logic.

Old 06-10-2019, 02:40 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ-GoingJon View Post
But will an open or failed ITS sensor cause the controller to not engage the solenoid?

No, the solenoid will close with or without an ITS sensor connected.

Solenoid activation is a two stage process, fir you have to get B+ on the yellow wire and then you have to get the controller to connect the blue wire to B-.

The voltage to the yellow wire starts at the reed switch and goes through the controller several times as it makes its way through the Run/Tow switch, F/R switch and keyswitch. After the keyswitch, it is paralleled inside the controller and goes to the pedal switch which is what tells the controller to connect B- to the blue wire.

Attached is a drawing showing the voltage paths through a PDS controller and a picture showing the location of Pin-1 in all 5 jacks on a PDS controller

---------
If the resistor is corroded enough to lose a leg, the controller probably shared the same fate, it is not waterproof.

If that is the case, an Alltrax XCT48400-PDS controller is the ideal replacement. https://www.cartsunlimited.net/alltrax-xct-sepex--.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Voltage paths through PDS controller.jpg (138.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS Jacks Pin-1 in red.jpg (58.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-10-2019, 02:47 PM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Johnnieb,

Would the ITS sensor being open or unwired keep the solenoid from closing when the pedal is pressed and the micro switch in the pedal box closed? Since it goes into the controller I’m assuming it is all controlled by logic.

My answer to your question in my preceding post is may be wrong. No ITS senor might cause an error flag to be set, disabling the controller.

Put controller is diagnostic mode (Text at bottom of attached label) and listen for error codes being beeped. Probably 1-2.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS Label on Controller Cover.JPG (142.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-10-2019, 02:50 PM   #17
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
My answer to your question in my preceding post is may be wrong. No ITS senor might cause an error flag to be set, disabling the controller.

Put controller is diagnostic mode (Text at bottom of attached label) and listen for error codes being beeped. Probably 1-4.

I will check that out. The beep sound comes from the reverse beeper, right?

Last night when I was checking for codes I couldn’t get it to beep but then I realized my beeper was not wired up. Lol! I’ll check it again tonight.

Old 06-10-2019, 02:58 PM   #18
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I will check that out. The beep sound comes from the reverse beeper, right?

Last night when I was checking for codes I couldn’t get it to beep but then I realized my beeper was not wired up. Lol! I’ll check it again tonight.

Yes, same beeper. After you hook it up, test it in reverse.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:41 PM   #19
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well I got a 1-2 fault. It says the solenoid clicks, but no run. I’m not getting the click. New sensor will be here tomorrow and I will try that. If that doesn’t fix it it looks like I’m getting a new controller possibly. [emoji22]

Old 06-10-2019, 06:29 PM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post

Put controller is diagnostic mode (Text at bottom of attached label) and listen for error codes being beeped. Probably 1-2.
YIKES! 1-2 code say "Replace/adjust throttle box"!!! That dadgum thing is expensive.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO