lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2019, 08:35 AM   #1
Dooch
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Question 05 turf 2 carryall key starts but cuts out on accelleration

I have an 05 Turf 2 that has key start, it will start, but as soon as you push the pedal down, it dies. Just as the micro on the accel opens. would the voltage regulator have anything to do with keeping the relay closed? If I manually close the micro with a wire tie, it will keep running.
I have fixed many carts, but never a key start.
Dooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2019, 08:42 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 05 turf 2 carryall key starts but cuts out on accelleration

I've had a few do this. Usually its because the microswitch on the shifter has failed and is opening the relay circuit when you press the pedal.
It's designed to do that if the cart is in neutral, but if the switch goes bad it does it in any position.
Bypassing the switch at the shift lever has fixed that for me.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:26 AM   #3
Dooch
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Already bypassed the shift micro, still cuts out on accel. Could the relay be dropping out?
Dooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:36 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The Brown and Red wires at the shift switch have to stay connected together for the relay to stay closed in. Jumper them together and see if it still cuts out.

If it still cuts out, Remove the jumper and connect the wires back to the switch. Red goes to the common pin (on side) Brown to the N.O. pin (center pin).

Then go to the throttle microswitch. Make sure the Orange is on the Common pin (side), Red is on the N.O. Pin (center) , Brown is on the N.C. Pin. If those are in the proper places and it still cuts off, Connect the Red wire to the Orange wire. See if it still cuts off. If it keeps running now, the throttle micro switch is probably bad. That can be verified with a continuity tester.
It it still cuts out, the red wire is not staying energized (12V).
Now connect the Brown wire to the Orange. See if it still cuts out. With the Brown jumped to the orange, it should stay running until the key is turned off regardless of shifter or throttle switches. If it does not stay running, then we need to start checking voltage in a few places to see where the voltage is dropping.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car