lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2019, 05:19 PM   #11
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Rear Seat for a Carryall

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...ml#post1642014 Check this post there is a picture of a carryall based limo cart with a reAr seat which appears to be factory installed.

KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2019, 06:24 AM   #12
Tyler_Veasey
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...ml#post1642014 Check this post there is a picture of a carryall based limo cart with a reAr seat which appears to be factory installed.

Ah, see that's why I had originally envisioned replacing the cargo box with a steel plate and mounting the seat to that. If that is a factory seat, then I should be able to order it from a Club Car shop, no?
Tyler_Veasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:37 PM   #13
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yes, it looks just like normal club car seat bottom. Best bet would be contact David Hicks at revolution carts he would be able to tell you what you need and or get the parts for you. Looks like you could put a sheet of metal down like you said then possibly just buy the set hinges and attach a regular seat bottom to it and fab up a foot rest and some supports for the seat backs. Maybe even don’t put the sheet metal down leave it open so you can flip the seat up to access the motor like you would on a regular gas cart...
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:50 PM   #14
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Those do not look like regular Club Car seats to me. The backs look like CC old style DS. But the bottoms are not DS. My Carryall seat bottom is nothing like a DS either. I'm not sure what is in that photo. Also, the rear facing seat looks like somebody just tossed something in there for a bottom.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 01:17 PM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

That's a transporter, a variant of the carryall 6. So its half-DS and half-carryall.

I dont think youre going to find that seat setup without dismantling a transporter though
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:35 PM   #16
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
That's a transporter, a variant of the carryall 6. So its half-DS and half-carryall.

I dont think youre going to find that seat setup without dismantling a transporter though
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 09:08 AM   #17
Tyler_Veasey
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
Yes, it looks just like normal club car seat bottom. Best bet would be contact David Hicks at revolution carts he would be able to tell you what you need and or get the parts for you. Looks like you could put a sheet of metal down like you said then possibly just buy the set hinges and attach a regular seat bottom to it and fab up a foot rest and some supports for the seat backs. Maybe even don’t put the sheet metal down leave it open so you can flip the seat up to access the motor like you would on a regular gas cart...
That actually makes more sense, rather than bolting down a plate, hinge it at the back and pin it down at the front to prevent it from popping up, then it can be swung up and out of the way like a car’s hood when I need to access the engine and rear end. Then fab a hood prop to lock it in an open position for safety, and could modify a receiver hitch mounted step into a two person footrests. Brilliant!
Old 09-17-2019, 07:58 PM   #18
Tyler_Veasey
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

While I am still trying to sort out how to add a rear seat to this old Carryall, I decided to at least make it ever so slightly livable in the event it comes home with me. As such, it was time to add some lights.

Somewhere along the line it had lights, but the fronts were long gone and the rears were pretty messed up.

A little bit of trimming to make room for the new rear lights

and viola, running lights if not proper brake lights.

As for the front well, they look good from afar

but up close, someone somewhere along the line had overcut the openings and the bezels don't fit very well

but they work and I can always course a new front cowl.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:38 PM   #19
Tyler_Veasey
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Well this is basically turning in to my general maintenance thread on this cart. Picked up a CC tune up kit including oil filter, air filter, spark plug and both fuel filters as well as some fresh oil and proceeded to catch up on what I can assume is a waaaay overdue refresh on the engine. Noone who has driven this cart in the past three years recalls ever having changed the oil, and while it came out black and burnt, it was clean and after wiping a magnet around in the drain pan I didn't pick up anything. Little tings like this make me happy.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car