lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2019, 11:17 AM   #1
JGC403
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Help EZGO TXT PDS died

My 2007 EZGO just died last night. I use it for work around the campground, I drove it up to the office, got off went in the office for 2 minutes to check something came back out got on and nothing. Checked the reed switch someone had already bypassed that on mine. I ran a jumper wire from the battery + side of the battery pack to the other side of the solenoid, to bypass the ignition switch and solenoid and still nothing. Any ideas?
JGC403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2019, 12:00 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Help EZGO TXT PDS died

Rear Wheels off the ground. Check to see if you have pos and neg on the small posts on the solenoid. see which one is missing. + or -
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 12:48 PM   #3
JGC403
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Rear Wheels off the ground. Check to see if you have pos and neg on the small posts on the solenoid. see which one is missing. + or -
What do you mean? I found a wiring diagram yellow wire on the small post of selonid is positive and the Blue wire is negative. How do you check to see if one + or - is missing?
JGC403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 03:41 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The PDS controller supplies both B+ (yellow wire) and B- (blue wire) to the solenoid coil.

You have to have Run/Tow in Run, Keyswitch On and F/R in either F or R to get B+ to solenoid coil. Then when you push the pedal, the pedal switch supplies battery pack voltage to J4 Pin-1 telling the controller to connect B- to the blue wire, energizing the solenoid.

------------
When you said you ran a jumper from + side of the battery pack to the other side of the solenoid, are you referring to the solenoid's large terminals?

If so, verify you have battery pack voltage (38.2V when fully charged) on all the pins highlighted in red on the attached schematic. Also attached is a picture of a PDS controller with Pin-1 highlighted on all of the jacks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - PDS - Solenoid activation traced.jpg (69.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS Jacks Pin-1 in red.jpg (58.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO