lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2019, 06:19 AM   #1
rammit
Not Yet Wild

Default Battery wires

Any thoughts or suggestions on cleaning this up some. This is on an ezgo txt series cart. I was thinking distribution block but cant find a spot to mount it without extending all the other wires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190830_145926.jpg (200.4 KB, 0 views)
rammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2019, 08:54 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery wires

WOW.....you have 6 connections going to the positive?? what all do they connect to....I know one is from the charge port....so what are all the other 5 for???
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:55 AM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do you have a voltage reducer? If you don’t get one! A fuse box would help too, depending on what those accessories are.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:13 AM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

From a safety perspective, I would want to put in a fuse panel. The 60 amp fuse doesn't know which circuits it's providing power to. So if you get one wire rubbed bare then it'll pull up to 60 amps on that one circuit.

Are these all for 12v loads or full pack voltage? If they are all just taps for a 12v then you'll be aging those two batteries more than the rest and you might want a voltage reducer to prevent them from the extra strain.

But yes, I would add a fuse panel and extend the wires to reach where you can mount it.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:52 AM   #5
rammit
Not Yet Wild

One wire is charge port 2 wires are for 2 voltage reducers the other wires were there when I bought the cart and I have no idea what they go to.
Old 09-01-2019, 11:58 AM   #6
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Something like this works great, I believe #5025 gives you 6 ckts with a negative bus.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 12:12 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The ANN-400 fuse can be placed in the B- cable to the controller.

Only the B+ cable to the solenoid and the 60A fuse for the wire to the charger port and one wire to feed both voltage reducers need to be on the B+ stud.

If the stud is still too short, put the cable to the solenoid and the 60A for the charger port on the battery stud and secure with a coupling nut, then use a bolt to connect the Voltage reducer feds to the other side of the coupling nut.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 02:31 PM   #8
rammit
Not Yet Wild

Johnnie B, I'm confused. My charging port has 3 wires coming from it. 2 thick ones and a small red one. The small red one goes to the forward reverse switch. Should I have any other wires coming from the charge port to the batteries. I just went thru all the positive leads I have which is 6 of them.

2 wires go to the voltage reducers that have a fuse in line.

1 goes to the voltage meter with no fuse.

1 goes to the long headlight that was on the cart when I got it.

The other 2 wires that was going to the positive terminal were also hooked to the second battery negative. I didn't add them and have to ideal what they go to.

Originally there was a light kit on the cart when I got it and one light didn't work so I bought a new kit. I believe one of the sets maybe for the old light kit because it has a relay on it.

Should there be any other wires going to the battery pack besides the ones going to the controller.

I'm thinking I might get 2 busbars and mount them near the batteries and connect all wires to those. If I go this route what guage wire should I run from the battery to the busbar.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:20 PM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

36V charge port has 3 wires, two heavy (10Ga) that go to them main Positive (white) and main negative (black) terminals on the battery pack and one thinner one (about 18Ga) that goes to MS-2 on the F/R assembly. The white wire typically has the 60A fuse at the battery end.

The two wire that connect to the negative terminal of the #2 battery shouldn't be there. If connected as you describe, they are shorting out two batteries, so I suspect they are burnt open. May have originally tapped into the battery pack at 12V for the 12V accessories, that are now powered by voltage reducers.

If you still have more ring terminals that what can be stacked on battery stud terminal, Use a single 10Ga wire to a bus bar for the voltage reducer(s) and voltmeter.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 12:27 PM   #10
rammit
Not Yet Wild

If I connect the 400 amp fuse to the B1 of the controller which side of the fuse should I attache the small black wire.

Controller side or battery side
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO