lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2019, 09:14 PM   #1
Schtibo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2001 TXT axle spins but not when hub is on... Help!

I was hoping I just had a spun hub, but after taking both hubs off, everything looks fine. Took the axels out and both look good too. Driver side works fine, but the passenger side axle spins fine without the hub on but with it on, it seems the littlest pressure keeps it from spinning. Loosened the brakes so the friction was minimal, and it spun about 1/4 rotation, then stopped. Thoughts?
Schtibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2019, 02:18 AM   #2
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 TXT axle spins but not when hub is on... Help!

It’s a differential... if one wheel spins... the other wheel stops...that’s how they work when they’re not limited slip... so that you can turn corners and maintain control on slick surfaces... set er down and go for a ride...but first, readjust your brake shoes now that you’ve made them uneven
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 02:58 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Next move is remove pan & see what's up. The broken parts have few places to hide. A snapped axle shaft could hide, but that's incredible uncommon. Usually when i see this, there is zero oil, and "metal dust + splinters" is what I find with a hand full of metal shavings. If you take the rear cover off, and don't find "dust with zero oil" that's likely not the problem. That axle usually runs fine (but noisey) untill there is nothing but a pile of shavings left (if ignored that long).

Please excuse my repetition, but they literally run until it's nothing but a pile of shavings inside. (Noise be damned). And that takes a long while of no oil. (There are tougher axles, but the Dana 12 isn't a POS). Yamahas own axle is longer-lived, but it's a legend. (Hate to say it, but, "the legend" is even reaching the end these days, after 30+ years)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 06:12 PM   #4
Schtibo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys! I’m hoping to get some time tonight to check it out again. Keep you posted.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:46 PM   #5
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Not saying this may not be a mechanical problem. With wheels on and cart on ground, what is battery voltage when you press go pedal.
Just checking to make sure your not dealing with a low battery issue opposed to mechanical problem getting power to the wheels making cart move.
Apologize if already checked this but how did problem start?😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 10:45 PM   #6
Schtibo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I’m thinking you might be on to something. I have to wait till this weekend to put the wheels on and drop it back down. I did find that the case cover had a dent that I took out and put new shocks on while it was up, but life keeps taking me away from getting to finish this...
Old 09-13-2019, 07:04 PM   #7
Schtibo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I finally got back to it and found that the cover was dented and was scratched from rubbing the gears. Combined with replacing one hubbyhat was stripped, when I dropped it down it works great! Even picked up a mph or two. I changed the fluid and cleaned everything and I think it all helped. Thanks for the input guys!
Old 09-13-2019, 09:41 PM   #8
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Glad problem was solved and thank you for the update and solution to problem.👍
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle, gear, not going, spun hub
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO