lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2019, 04:30 PM   #1
papabearsc
Not Yet Wild

Default 36V series to 48V series - I'm stuck

Going 48V with my SR48500 and Plum Quick Cobra motor.

Have batteries, working on charger. Read and read and read and settled on the DPI charger 48V.

What I'm stuck on is the plug/receptacle. I have the square on one side round on the other 36V ezgo connector in the cart.

All of the chargers at 48V show a different connector.

What's the best way to get these things linked up? Do I put a new end on the charger? Buy a charger and a receptacle to match?

Please!!!! I'm pulling my hair out!

Thanks
papabearsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2019, 04:34 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 36V series to 48V series - I'm stuck

When you order your DPI, request the ezgo D-plug. They will know what your talking about, and ship it that way no problem...

If you get it from ScottyB's store he can do it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 04:43 PM   #3
papabearsc
Not Yet Wild

So my 36V plug can do 48V. That's what I thought, but the 48V chargers all show a square connector.

Can I put my connector on one that has a different style? Basically take one that says 48V but has an RXV connector on it and swap it over to my connector?
Old 09-13-2019, 06:16 PM   #4
papabearsc
Not Yet Wild

DPI's website shows the 48V with the D plug, but I can't find it anywhere else, even at site sponsors...
Old 09-13-2019, 06:24 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We have it or you can go with the Lester Summit. Optional to order the Lester without a cord and cut the old one off the old charger then screw it onto the terminals with 2 ring terminals.
The D plug you are looking for is one of the most popular cordsets. You should find it everywhere without stress
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:29 PM   #6
papabearsc
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
We have it or you can go with the Lester Summit. Optional to order the Lester without a cord and cut the old one off the old charger then screw it onto the terminals with 2 ring terminals
You have what? A charger? Says out of stock...it's the first place I went!~!

Reason for my question is I need it QUICK...like Monday morning quick...

I try to support sponsors and have in the past on all my purchases, but I can buy the thing on amazon and have it here Sunday morning, which literally saves my *** with the wifey.

If I can swap plugs on one from amazon that is ezgo 48v with the wrong plug, I can make it work. If not...and it will only work with a charger designed for this one with this plug, then I'm screwed.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:53 PM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

If the new charger comes with the triangle plug, you would need some ring terminals for the conversion to your D-plug, if it's the square plug, easy swap. Do not just wrap the wire around the screw & tighten it down, it will either melt, or catch on fire.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:19 PM   #8
papabearsc
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
If the new charger comes with the triangle plug, you would need some ring terminals for the conversion to your D-plug, if it's the square plug, easy swap. Do not just wrap the wire around the screw & tighten it down, it will either melt, or catch on fire.
So I CAN cut off the square plug and terminate mine on there with ring terminals?
Old 09-14-2019, 12:00 AM   #9
cgtech

Yamaha

If the new charger had the square plug, it's all just a Phillips head screwdriver away from being done. Super easy. Just be mindful of where the white & black wires were located.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO