lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2020, 01:54 PM   #1
Copperman61
Gone Wild

Default kf82 belt pully on crankshaft

Help- what is the trick to removing the pulley that is on the outside of the crankshaft ? I have separated the bolts that are attached to the inside half of the other pulley. It does look like there is rust on that section of the crank that is outside of the gearcase - just not sure how it is attached to the crank . Thanks in advance.That is the last thing i have to remove before putting the engine back together.
Copperman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2020, 02:48 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: kf82 belt pully on crankshaft

Are you talking about the drive clutch? Single bolt on the outside, then a puller made for the purpose. You'll find it nearly impossible without the tool.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:51 AM   #3
Copperman61
Gone Wild

Thanks , i was thinking i would need a puller, i will have to look again to find the bolt you are talking about. Do you mean a set screw ?
Old 01-03-2020, 09:53 AM   #4
Copperman61
Gone Wild

Yes, the drive clutch . Sorry, I forgot to include that - you knew what i was talking about .
Old 01-03-2020, 02:19 PM   #5
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

This is the clutch puller you would need. You can find them from several sellers at varying prices.

https://www.golfcartking.com/club-ca...h-puller-bolt/
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 09:27 AM   #6
Copperman61
Gone Wild

Thanks Craig ,I can probably make a puller . Iam just confused as to how the clutch / pulley assembly stays on the crank. Is it just pressed on and that is enough to keep it from spinning ? I dont see any set screw or woodruf key . I'm missing something .
Old 01-05-2020, 06:31 AM   #7
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Tapered shaft, no set screw or woodruff key. It IS on tight, precise fit, lots of contact area along the taper. That's why the tool. One you get the bolt out you'll see there are slightly larger threads on the inside of the clutch itself. The tool goes in, threads into the outer edge of the clutch. As you tighten it the far end of the tool pushes against the crankshaft. It's hardened tool steel. If you try it with a grade 5 standard bolt you'll mangle the bolt and possibly mess with the threads. Once it "pops" it falls right off, but it takes more force than you would think to break it loose.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 09:16 AM   #8
Copperman61
Gone Wild

Ahha, I never thought about the possibility of a tapered shaft ( duuuh ) .I appreciate the detailed info , i knew there was something i was missing. Not sure if my friends machine shop can remove it. i will probably bite the bullet and buy the tool - not a lot of choices there. Thanks again for the reply.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car