lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2020, 06:42 AM   #11
cclements716
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: ezgo shuttle going slow (7 MPH) with new batteries, controller, speed sensor, etc

Got the data log. Getting off of the other computer today. Looks like the speed sensor is not picking up and RPMs.
cclements716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2020, 09:10 AM   #12
cclements716
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: ezgo shuttle going slow (7 MPH) with new batteries, controller, speed sensor, etc

Looks like the Speed sensor isnt reading any RPMs. Also, looks like it is missing the retaining clip. Uploading the monitor file and pics now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Motor 1.jpg (111.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Motor 2.jpg (144.8 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Monitor.zip (1.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-27-2020, 09:41 AM   #13
DanGoneWild
Not Yet Wild

I just went through this same thing. Replaced everything you did with no results. I can only tell you what else I did and finally got my speed back.

1. I had bought cheap 4 gauge battery cables on Amazon (wasted money). I have since bought an expensive 2 gauge complete set and replaced all 13 wires and cables including everything going to the motor from the controller as opposed to just the battery cables.
2. Replaced the speed sensor magnet even though the old one looked fine.

Funny thing after I replaced the magnet... my rpms were still low at the 8-pole setting. However the 4-pole setting doubled my rpms and it wouldn't do that before making these changes.
DanGoneWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:55 AM   #14
cclements716
Not Yet Wild

Battery Cables are Power Flex 2 Gauge. They will installed by the Golf Cart place in Hammond. Seems that the controller is putting it into limp mode as it is not reading any rpms. I could be completely off with that though.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:55 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclements716 View Post
Battery Cables are Power Flex 2 Gauge. They will installed by the Golf Cart place in Hammond. Seems that the controller is putting it into limp mode as it is not reading any rpms. I could be completely off with that though.
No speed sensor input is the problem.

De-select the "Enable Speed Limit" box and it'll run faster, but need to fix the speed senor to get full performance.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 11:14 AM   #16
cclements716
Not Yet Wild

Called the cart shop and sent them photos. Appears that they installed a new speed sensor without insuring that the magnet was still attached to the motor in the cart or installing the retaining ring on the speed sensor. Can anyone with a cart intelligent eye tell me is the reading magnet is on the motor from the attached pic?
Old 05-27-2020, 11:31 AM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

It look like there is a magnet disk, but it appears to be damaged, so the pickup might be damaged also.

This link shows what a magnet disk looks like.
https://www.ebay.com/p/2173757573?ii...MaAm8hEALw_wcB
Don't know if this is correct one for your cart, but there are tons of them on the net at all sorts of prices.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:34 PM   #18
cclements716
Not Yet Wild

I am suppose to bring the speed sensor and magnet from the motor to the shop tom. Update: I did remove the speed limit on the controller, can i say, oh my. It is 500% different. This thing has so much torque and actually hit 21 mph on flat ground in the neighborhood.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:18 PM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclements716 View Post
I am suppose to bring the speed sensor and magnet from the motor to the shop tom. Update: I did remove the speed limit on the controller, can i say, oh my. It is 500% different. This thing has so much torque and actually hit 21 mph on flat ground in the neighborhood.
Wow, that is faster than I thought it was going to go with Speed Limit box unchecked.

With the speed limit enabled, RPM data is used to tweak the field mapping in real time along with other such as armature amps and battery voltage, etc., so the cart will have (can have) a higher top speed when you get the speed sensor working.

RPM data also effects Regen Braking.

You never answered the question I asked about what the tire height is, but if they are the stock 18" height and it has stock differential gears (14.7:1) than the motor is spinning at 5765RPM at 21MPH.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:05 AM   #20
cclements716
Not Yet Wild

I do have the stock tires. According to the rear end it is a 14.76:1 ratio.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO