lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2021, 05:48 PM   #1
my scooter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question 1990 Carryall 2 oil light resistor ?

First off been reading this forum off and on for about 4+ yrs, and have learned a lot of stuff "THANKS". I seldom hear anything about older carry-all 2's, but did learn that they are mostly same as DS. A BIG help trying to order parts for my neighbor. Acquired my 1990 Carry-all 2 from that neighbor about 2 yrs ago who had 2 of them, when they moved to town, and because I was their "fix most everything" handyman convinced them to trade one to me for other repair work. This thing is GREAT! The wife loves it!!
Been doing a big winter project replacing all suspension, shocks, bushings, steering, clutches, ETC. Engine, and tranny seem fine, and I think everything else was OEM original parts. Most expensive was replacing smashed cowl, and new brush guard(still in progress).
So in an old post about oil light resistor (with picture) I have the same issue wire broken off, but bulb is good. I'm just going to bypass it, and guess it won't be an issue, I don't know why it was even there. Any hints? I will eventually do a test after it all gets back together.
my scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2021, 06:07 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 1990 Carryall 2 oil light resistor ?

Dunno why it’s there because plenty of club cars out there and none of the ones I’ve worked on have that. Maybe there was some difference in the early sending units, or the bulb was operating at a different voltage, not sure.

My opinion, ditch that and the light. The sensor is just a level sensor and it turns on the light when you get about 1/2-3/4qt low on oil. You gotta have a major oil burning issue or major leak to get that low. Forget the light and just check the oil on a regular basis.
If you really want an indicator for oil, then plumb in a manual oil pressure guage.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 08:17 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Dunno why it’s there because plenty of club cars out there and none of the ones I’ve worked on have that. Maybe there was some difference in the early sending units, or the bulb was operating at a different voltage, not sure.

My opinion, ditch that and the light. The sensor is just a level sensor and it turns on the light when you get about 1/2-3/4qt low on oil. You gotta have a major oil burning issue or major leak to get that low. Forget the light and just check the oil on a regular basis.
If you really want an indicator for oil, then plumb in a manual oil pressure guage.
Ditto

The oil filter is a standard spin-on size. I’ve seen adapters for the oil filter that give you a nipple for an oil pressure gauge that aren’t real expensive.

Edit:just read it’s a 1990. That’s a KF82 which if I am not mistaken is a splash system. So no oil pump or pressure. And really very little, if anything to worry about. Just omit the light and check the oil level every now and then and you’ll be fine
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 01:16 PM   #4
my scooter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks guys, that's pretty much where I was at with it. I say it has not worked for years anyway. I have been doing the maintenance on this for several years (only what was broken) before I owned it, and it hasn't ever use any oil. Amazing, and with 100psi compression! No hour meter, no oil filter, pretty basic. Like working on an old Chevy pick-up. Resister part number 1013695, oil light 1012323. In case you were curious to look it up somewhere, I can't find it. BTW it was originally owned by the Iowa State fairgrounds maintenance dept.
Old 02-01-2021, 02:06 PM   #5
my scooter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Found out in my repair manual it was a 10 ohm resistor (in case anyone was interested) while I was chasing down some wiring to change around to suit my needs better for add on lights, etc. BTW Just remembered the second most expensive item I bought was an after market MUFFLER !
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car