lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2021, 09:31 PM   #1
jlgandy
Not Yet Wild

Default 2005 DS Electric Issue

There seems to be an issue with the solenoid if I understand correctly on how it works. With the key switch on and without the pedal being pressed there is power at the blue wire, the large red wire and the large white wire. If I press the pedal I have 12 volts at large red wire, the blue wire, the orange wire and 0 volts at the large white wire. I can hear the solenoid close when I switch the key on. I can hear it open when I press the pedalwhich causes the two arms only to micro switches to drop into that small slot on the big plastic piece that turns when the cable is pulled. Currently I have the white wire of of the starter.
jlgandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2021, 04:33 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2005 DS Electric Issue

The large red should always have 12v.

The blue goes to the key and should have 12v any time the key is turned on.

The orange should go to ground when you press the pedal down. It goes to the microswitch.

The large white wire should only have 12v when you press the pedal, the solenoid energizes and the contacts close.

If I’m reading your post correctly, and it’s late and I just got home from work, it appears the orange is not going to ground. Check to make sure both microswitches are wired correctly, the one in the black box with the green and orange wires, and the one on the back of the forward/reverse shifter with the green, white, and black wires. See diagram in the link.

Also make sure the cart is not in service mode by pulling out and rotating the yellow knob 180 degrees.

My guess if it did work and quit is you have a bad microswitch. If you bought the cart like this and trying to make it run, it may very well just be wired wrong.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...p?t=926&page=2
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 07:55 AM   #3
jlgandy
Not Yet Wild

The diagram you provided is a lot easier to follow then the one I have and I certainly appreciate it. You mentioned that the orange wire should go to ground but if I followed the schematic correctly it goes through in micro switch and then goes to use the key switch? This car belongs to the neighbor. He was driving it and it shut down then would not crank again. He replaced the two micro switches that are in the box where the solenoid is. I think they're wired correctly but I will double check that. Is it also possible that he may have gotten the wrong micro switches?
Old 02-23-2021, 08:45 AM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

There are those switches in the control box & the switches at the back of the shifter. At the shifter switch that orange wire will connect to the black (ground) wire when the shifter is in the correct position. In it's other position that switch connects the black ground wire to that white wire from the ignition switch, not the orange wire.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 09:46 AM   #5
jlgandy
Not Yet Wild

I will make sure all of that is correct. Is it possible that the person that replace the micro switches in the Black box could have got the wrong ones?
Old 02-23-2021, 10:18 AM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgandy View Post
I will make sure all of that is correct. Is it possible that the person that replace the micro switches in the Black box could have got the wrong ones?
I’d say it’s more than “possible”. Most people get it wrong more often than they get it right...
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 09:09 PM   #7
jlgandy
Not Yet Wild

My neighbor bought the wrong microswitch. I researched the part numbers, bought the right one and it works. I appreciate your help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car