lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2021, 06:55 PM   #1
Txranger1
Not Yet Wild

Post 2019 Onward fuel pump not working?

Hello, I have been a member since 2013, I have found a wealth of information since I joined although I have never submitted a post. I have a 2019 gas Club Car Onward, we don't drive it as much as we should. That said, the cart will not run, the engine is cranking over but not engaging. I pulled the main line coming from the fuel tank to the carb, pushed the excellerator and there is no gas coming out of the line. My suspicion is the fuel pump but from what I have read it could be build up in the fuel system from sitting. I will keep doing some research but for now I find it hard to believe a cart relatively new would have a faulty fuel pump, if so I will buy one unless someone can offer a better suggestion. Thank you in advance,
Txranger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2021, 10:08 PM   #2
FloridaCart
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2019 Onward fuel pump not working?

Try turning the key to on/run position you should be able to here the fuel pump running for a few seconds until it builds pressure and then it will cut off. If you don't here the pump running check your fuses. Good luck !!!
FloridaCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 08:36 AM   #3
Txranger1
Not Yet Wild

Hello, thank you for the quick reply, I tried that before. I can hear the pump turn on and when it turns off I try to start again, during the starting i hear the pump come back on, still no engagement.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:10 AM   #4
Txranger1
Not Yet Wild

I did check all the obvious things like the spark and dip switches. These electric pumps are pretty much straight forward, power on, power off correct? Should I just purchase the new pump at a tune of $285 or is there some other troubleshooting I could do to verify it is indeed the pump? Many thanks for the help!
Old 07-31-2021, 12:56 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

First thing, is there gas in the tank? (we can't assume)

There is a hose in the pump/sender assembly that runs from the pump unit to the upper mounting plate which could conceivably be damaged or could have come loose. So the pump may be running and pumping fuel, but it's just going back in the tank and not into the outlet hose from the top.

Last thing would be contamination of the filter/strainer sock, or fuel contamination that caused erosion of the impeller unit in the pump. This is a common occurrence when using ethanol gas, as ethanol is hygroscopic and absorbs moisture from the atmosphere. This can lead to acid formation in the fuel and can damage/destroy many parts of the fuel systems, especially if stored for extended time periods.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 07:05 PM   #6
Txranger1
Not Yet Wild

So I took out the pump one more time, the first time I did not look close enough at the hoses. This time I found out that one of the hoses had a hairline crack. When I removed it it just crumbles apart. Both hoses are hard and brittle. After replacing the hoses the cart ran perfect. I'm so glad I decided to post this issue, you guys saved me $300! I knew there was a plenty of people out there to help as always on this site. BGW and the members are the BEST!!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Onward Gas Pump.pdf (175.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-31-2021, 07:13 PM   #7
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Glad you found the problem! And it didn't cost you an arm and leg.
I would almost be willing to bet that's from ethanol gas. If you don't already, I'd recommend using an ethanol stabilizer such as Stabil 360 Marine to help keep gas from going bad in the tank, especially if you don't use the cart very often.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 02:48 PM   #8
Txranger1
Not Yet Wild

Hello again, after I replaced the line on the fuel pump the cart drove fine for a couple of days. The wife was driving the other day and the cart died, she said it just started stalling like it was out of gas. I pulled the fuel line off of the throttle body and there was gas coming out of the line. When the key is on I can hear the pump turning on and there is gas coming out of the line, in maintenance mode I depress the pedal and there is still gas coming out of the line. I reattached the line and it will not start, it sounds like its no getting gas but I know the pump is good. Today I pulled the throttle body off and it definitely needed a good cleaning, cleaned and reinstalled the unit. No luck, it tried to start but did not, still sounded like it was not getting gas. I pulled the plug and it was black, cleaned it up and test for spark, there was spark but I can truly say it was not a bright spark as I have read in other post. What can I be missing? Hopefully it is something I am overlooking, I bought this cart brand new and to be honest I have not done any maintenance, tune up, oil change, or filter change, could this be the root cause of my current problem? I am open for any suggestions folks, thanks for the help!!
Old 09-07-2021, 04:48 AM   #9
Txranger1
Not Yet Wild

I read this in one of your post: If the coil produces good spark but the engine will not fire, there's a chance the ECU has failed, but there are some other tests that should be done first to verify that before replacement. Could you please elaborate on "other test"? Could there be an issue with the fuel injector? Is there a way to check the injector?
Old 09-07-2021, 06:20 AM   #10
Txranger1
Not Yet Wild

By the way, I have no fault codes, when I turn on the key switch the oil light comes on and after a few seconds it goes off. When I try to crank the motor the light does not come back on. I do have the EX40 EFI motor and I have been reading the service manual trying to find a solution but no luck. I am trying to avoid taking the cart to the dealer for fear of them just swapping out parts and charging me a ton of money. My hope is to get some guidance from someone here that has had similar issues. Many thanks!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car