lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2021, 04:35 PM   #1
mikes3028
Not Yet Wild

Default 1996 Club Car Carry All 1

Hey ya'll, need some more help. I had the motor rebuilt and installed new carb, solenoid, and microswitches. This cart is hard to get going on a cold start. It wants to chug like its trying to catch up. once it gets going and warms up it does better. but there is gas coming out of the vent while its chugging. I have taken the carb apart and cleaned and blew it out. the float doesn't have a hole in it. took the jet out it appears to be fine also. I also tried adjusting the mixture screw. When I press the gas pedal the choke plate opens on the carb and then the solenoid clicks and it tries to start. Am I missing some kinda adjustment somewhere. When its running it runs like anew machine. but trying to get it there is a different story. this is a FE290 motor. any ideas or suggestions would greatly appreciated. thanks for any replies. Mike
mikes3028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2021, 05:41 PM   #2
mikes3028
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1996 Club Car Carry All 1

Don't know what I was thinking. went up to the shop and pulled the spark plug and it was pretty ugly. I will get a new one and install it tomorrow and let you know how it does. and it will be a cold start also. hopefully that's all it is. Mike
Old 08-15-2021, 06:14 PM   #3
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Is it firing the whole time?
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 07:57 AM   #4
mikes3028
Not Yet Wild

appreciate the reply as far as I know it is. it acts like the carb is flooding out when it goes to dumping fuel out the vent. I am replacing the sparkplug this eve and will let ya'll know how it does.
Old 08-17-2021, 09:13 AM   #5
mikes3028
Not Yet Wild

the new plug didn't help any. anyone have any suggestions?
Old 08-17-2021, 09:22 AM   #6
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Check spark. Make sure its strong. I cant be certain but i'd assume if fuel is coming out of the carburetor that its not burning it. Have you checked to see if you have fuel in the oil? Ive seen this happen when the ignition coil is getting weak. Ive also seen this when the rev limiter is going out. Not sure thats your issue but its worth checking spark to see if its intermittent. Hopefully this helps a little.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 11:47 AM   #7
mikes3028
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the reply. the spark is strong. I have checked the oil and it is good also. don't know if I mentioned it or not but the vart better after the engine has warmed up. it will still sputter a little then catch up but nothing like it does when its cold. as far as the rev limiter I think it has been disconnected. found that out when I zip-tied the governor spring. don't know about the coil. might be something to look at. thanks Mike
Old 09-10-2021, 10:02 AM   #8
mikes3028
Not Yet Wild

finally got it running right. had to replace the coil and ignitor. liitle adjustment on carb and now it runs great, now if I can get the belt to stop the low squeal after it gets warm. thanks everyone for the replies.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car