lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2021, 05:54 PM   #1
Jrenk17
Not Yet Wild

Default no response from gas pedal

I have a 2010 president gas with a TPS sensor. Golf cart died and had no response when you hit the pedal. I tested the two switches. I checked all power, grounds, fuses and found nothing wrong. I ordered a new new gas pedal assembly, I installed it and the cart ran extremely smooth for three trips down the driveway. Now I’m back in the same spot, no response from the gas pedal.I replaced the diode in line with the pedal and also the main solenoid. All my testing is pointing towards the pedal being bad again. What would cause it to fail so quickly? Is there any other test I can do?
Jrenk17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2021, 08:16 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: no response from gas pedal

Where did you buy the pedal assembly? The switches used by the aftermarket manufacturers are usually chinese junk and wouldn't surprise me if one of those only lasted 3 days.

Orange wire going into the GCOR switch is negative for the solenoid, this should show battery voltage with the pedal UP.
Put your FNR lever in N, press the Go pedal and check voltage on the Green wire coming out of the GCOR this should be the same 12v. Move the FNR to F, and press pedal again, now the green wire should show 0v. And the solenoid should click and engage. If it does not, make sure the solenoid operates by jumping the Orange wire small terminal to ground.

You can also unplug the connector from the GCOR and check continuity on the pins for the green and orange wires on the GCOR, with pedal up should have No continuity, and with pedal pressed down there should be continuity. Checking resistance may be a better test, since some meters will show continuity even if the resistance is high.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car