lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2021, 09:38 PM   #11
Strawberry
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1999 club car 350fe crank no start

Thanks cp241 for your sticky on how to do the tare down/rebuild of the fe290 even though mines the fe350 I feel like it’s almost exactly the same. Like I said I’m super novice this is my first tare down and I believe I might have found the no starting issue? My camshaft gear was completely loose so wouldn’t spin the cam? Would this be my no starting issue? Still confused on why I had compression during the test? I think piston rings where good I just don’t know how to take them off and snapped both of them. Top two metal bottom one weird? Normal? I’ve included some pics to see if you guys agree? Next step standard rebuild kit and new camshaft? Any recommendations? Thanks in advance
Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2021, 11:48 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Wish you would have posted sooner, you could have just bolted the cam gear back to the camshaft and probably would have been fine. Probably would have been able to tell the gear was broken while adjusting the valves before tearing it apart since they wouldn’t be moving when trying to find TDC.

But while it’s apart, call David hicks at revolution golf cars. Get a case gasket, head gasket, and new set of piston rings. Everything else should be okay. Maybe valve seals and crank seals, but generally don’t see problems from those, wouldn’t hurt to replace while you’re there.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 11:17 AM   #13
Strawberry
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yeah wish I would of posted sooner too, busy around the holidays, you know. Figured better late then never so if anyone has the same issues they can hopefully read through this first to help diagnose anything similar. Didn’t mind the tare down because your post on it made it super simple so far. Went step by step from your post and didn’t see anything till the side cover was off. So the bolts that where on the camshaft to the gear looked more like rivets then bolts? Do they sale bolts I can put pack in there instead of buying the new cam? Thinking of just replacing with the one at buggies unlimited and buying a rebuild kit that has piston rings and gaskets.I’ve also included a pick of an eBay item looks like this could be the part I need?? Do I need to adjust my valves for TDC which I have no idea what that technical term is or can I just slap in new cam, piston rings, new gaskets and torque back to specs and good to go? Thanks in advance should I clean the carbon off the valves? If so with what?
Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 07:21 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

As long as your cam gear isn’t damaged you can bolt it back on. Someone on here (fairtax maybe) detailed what size nuts and bolts. Be sure to loctite them with red loctite.

Originally they were riveted but it happens and the rivers break and the gear goes free from the cam.

As for the parts, call David hicks at revolution. I’d never use aftermarket rings in an engine, especially since they’re generally no cheaper than the oem ones. David will sell you oem kawasaki parts. Case gaskets and crank seals too. The aftermarket ones generally don’t hold up as well and leave you with a leak.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car