lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2021, 04:19 PM   #1
brinkkl2000
Not Yet Wild

Default Help with a governor cable

I have a 99 Club Car DS, Model AG9947, and I am having difficulty finding the governor cable that runs from the governor arm to the carburetor. My current cable is around 20 1/4" long, is held in with e-clips, and attaches on either end with a clevis pin. According to Club Car the part number is 1018324-01. The cart has a Kawasaki FE290 engine in it. A local shop gave me a kit number of 1018325-02 which is the correct length but has Z-Bend ends and states it is for the FE350 engine. The cables I do find that have the clevis ends are all around 28" long and I am not sure that will work. Can someone point me in the right direction for what I need?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20211216_161152141.jpg (195.1 KB, 0 views)
brinkkl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-16-2021, 05:43 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Help with a governor cable

They updated the cable design several years ago and the newer design just kinda pops in place. But it may not fit in the cable brackets that your cart has. Did the new cable come with new brackets to mount it? The cables I've bought all came with new brackets.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 09:21 AM   #3
brinkkl2000
Not Yet Wild

I haven't ordered anything yet, but yes, I do believe that number is a kit that includes new brackets at either end. My concerns with that kit is the Z-Bends, which I would then assume are sized correctly for the carb and governor holes, and that it says it is for the FE350 engine and not the 290, but I really don't know what difference that would make anyway.
brinkkl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 09:10 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

The Z bends work fine. Ive replaced them in a few of my carts. Mine didn’t come with brackets but with minor creative manipulation I got them to secure into the old brackets fine and never had a problem.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 06:16 PM   #5
pbmike89
Not Yet Wild

Hello all, i am having the same issue in a early 2003 with a FE290. i have the new cable with the Z ends and the throttle is not closing after lifting off the gas. its is routed the same as the old cable and spring is still attached. Any help would be appreciated.
pbmike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 08:38 AM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The cable is pinched or it's faulty.
Disconnect both ends and see how easily it moves. It should be VERY EASY to move both directions. If it's not super easy to move, it's bound somewhere or it's just faulty. I've had issues with 1 or 2 aftermarket cables that seem to move freely until they're mounted in place. Most of the time aftermarket is fine, just get an occasional bad one. Try another cable, or change the way it's routed. I run all of mine under the bracket for the starter.

If it moves nice and easy you may have to make an adjustment to the throttle cable where it comes out of the black box. If you have a zip tie on the governor spring, remove the zip tie and re-adjust it.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car