lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2022, 01:22 PM   #11
FloridaCart
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2022 Onward Performance / Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince B333 View Post
Well, got cart back from dealer that put on gears. Put a smile on my face after taking it out for a ride. Can cruise at 34-35 mph, no problem while doing around 3400 rpm. Maybe I'll go under the floor and tighten up that cable a bit and see if I can tweak out another 2-3 mph while keeping it under 3600.

Lost a bit of power at takeoff, but not all that much. Nice to go 25 mph or so while doing under 2800 rpm. Smoother and quieter.

Really happy with the upgrade. Now I wish I could find a front brake kit for this thing. Would make me feel safer driving on the road.
Thanks for reporting back......Enjoy !!
FloridaCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2022, 11:02 AM   #12
tinman1975
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

What did was the cost of the gears and how much was it to install? I am going to do this I just want to make sure I'm not over spending. I found a gear set for $450 and called my local shop and they quoted me 500 to install.
tinman1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 11:51 AM   #13
Vince B333
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Looked it up and my gear set was $237 delivered. Don't take charge cards, but deliver by UPS COD. These are the 8:1 gears - The only H.S. set that will fit into that smaller Fuji differential. You probably don't want anything less than that anyway. I am running 12" tires and before gear installation was getting around 24 mph. Now I am up to 37 mph. and still at max RPM of 3600. You don't want to exceed that RPM for too long. Takes a toll on the motor.

I found a really good golf cart mechanic here in South Arizona and he did the install for $200. Said it took him about two hours.

If you look up Apache Gear on Google - they are located in Arizona. They aren't sure about gears for a Club Car Onward (still too new for them yet), but tell them that it for a Fuji rear. The ones they sent were marked for a Fuji rear and for an EZ-GO and worked perfectly!

Happy travels.
Vince B333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 07:23 PM   #14
zonearc
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2022 Onward Performance / Upgrades / Brakes

Following.
zonearc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onward upgrade brakes gas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car